cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Free xbox technical issue

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out or has had the same issue?

I've just signed up to fibre 250 with BT sport, Got the email to confirm the free xbox which i also asked the sales rep on the phone that this package 100% qualified for it as that was the reason i wanted that package + why i set up over the phone rather than online.

husky_alex_0-1583507545927.png

A couple of days later i got an email to say that there was a technical hiccup and i actually wasn't entitled to one... has anyone else had this? 

husky_alex_1-1583507626042.png

I did call through to the customer service who told me that it couldn't be looked into due to my line not being active (it's now active) and that I didn't qualify for it.

Any one else had this? Or had any joy redeeming one? 

Thanks,

Alex

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Free xbox technical issue

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Keith
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi @husky_alex,

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the original email you received.  It was a mistake on our part.  We will credit your account with £20 as a way of an apology that you were misinformed.  Sincere apologies again for the confusion.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Hi Robbie,

thanks for getting back to me. Is the the ultimate outcome? Was this offer not fulfilled by anyone? As the package I took out did actually qualify for the Xbox? 

thanks again, alex

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hi @husky_alex,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We have emailed all customers who have been incorrectly sent the first email letting them know that the email has been sent in error. All customers who have been incorrectly sent the first email will receive a £20 goodwill credit to say sorry for our error. 

I'm sorry we will not be able to honour the Xbox in these cases.

Thanks

Matt 

0 Ratings