cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michaelterry123
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Freegift for my mother declined after countless times saying that they would send one

Hi there,

My mum 60/yo recently got in contact with bt about a free gift promotion where new customers would get a FREE Xbox one and asked if she could apply to get one as she has been a customer now for just under a year and even I think its a bit off giving customers who are new things to join and not rewarding customers who have been with them, I was with her when she went on live chat and they said that she was able to get it and it should be coming within 10 days and we would get an email about it within 5 days, We had even got in contact asking on live chat again asking when it is coming and they continuously said that it was coming, 10 days later they changed their mind and now are saying she is ineligible for the free gift, if she wasn't ineligible for it why say it in the first place, she has spent her money on a new tv for it and shelving to put it on, not happy with it at all, fine if she is ilelgible but tell us that from the start. Definitely highlighting this on my social media if this doesn't get resolved. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Freegift for my mother declined after countless times saying that they would send one

@Michaelterry123 

It would normally be only new customers that would get these gifts. If she was initially promised one on live chat, and you have a copy of that transcript, then a moderator can investigate.

If you also have the date of the initial chat, then its possible that BT have a record of it.

Please do not post the transcript here, but keep it until you are asked for it by a moderator.

At the time she started her contract, there would have been some promotion running, usually a reward card or other free gift, which I assume she claimed?

0 Ratings
Michaelterry123
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Re: Freegift for my mother declined after countless times saying that they would send one

I think the date was the 15th of August, is there anyway of looking at it myself?

thanks for your quick reply.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

See my edited post regarding initial promotion.

Unless she saved the transcript, then there is no way for you to see it, but I would imagine that BT would have a copy, as 15th August 2019 is quite recent.

Its possible a moderator will post on this thread.

0 Ratings
Michaelterry123
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Alright mate, thank you for your replies I’ll just wait for someone to hopefully get in contact, thanks

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Michaelterry123 thanks for posting, I understand that your Mum has already been posting on the community Mariposaeterry and my colleague @JohnC2 has investigated this for her and tried to call a couple of times yesterday and as he couldn't reach her he messaged her back via a private message. If she responds to that message @JohnC2 will be back in the office this afternoon.

0 Ratings
Michaelterry123
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hi Neil, thanks for your reply

We went on the phone with someone yesterday and they said that they never promised us a free gift, is there anyway for me to see the live chat? And the man on the phone said that they’re not going to send one out at all.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Michaelterry123 sorry I can't discuss your Mums complaint with you here however if your Mum gets back in touch via the message @JohnC2 sent yesterday he will reply and answer any questions she may have. 

0 Ratings