Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Friends & Family International

Go to solution

Before I subscribe to Friends and Family International, I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

1. Am I required to nominate friend/family telephone numbers for this feature?

2. If so, how many caller numbers can I nominate?

3. If I add this feature, will it renew the contract for my landline and broadband and BT Sport also?

4. Do I read the info correctly, that the per minute charge is the same for landline or mobile numbers to the USA, and the rates are the same for weekends and/or weekdays?

Thanks for your assistance!

Misky

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Friends & Family International

Go to solution
Have a look here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9747/~/learn-about-friends-%26-family-international

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
Highlighted
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply. The "More Info" bit there is something I'd already read and didn't answer my questions. So I tried the Live Chat option on that page, and the cusotmer service said he couldn't help me because he only knew about broadband. He gave me a phone number for an 0800 number that I'll ring tomorrow. I do appreciate your reply though, and for that I've given you a star rating. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I await your update after the call with interest. I only ring friends in Canada occasionally but a 50% price hike to standard international rates will probably make F&F International attractive.

0 Ratings
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

You don't nominate international phone numbers; as long as the country is on BT's list, the reduction applies (although rates differ). Subscribing to this add-on won't renew your existing contracts - it just adds it on to the currently running one. I just signed-up for the Friends and Family International option as I don't ring there more than once weekly, and it's always the same number. Interesting that weekday and weekend rates will be the same, and same goes for mobile phones (for certain countries on the list). USA and Canada seem to benefit from these changes to most. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the update

0 Ratings