Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

Friends and Family Mobile charges

[ Edited ]

Hello

I have an Unlimited Anytime Plan account. With this i receive Friends and Family Mobile free. In August 2011, i noticed a partial charge for the service and after contacting BT i was assured that this was because the contract expires and is automatically renewed and so because i am charged in advance, i get a partial charge for it in one bill (where the expiry date overlaps the billing date) and a refund in the next bill in November 2011 (i pay quarterly direct debit) which duly happened.

I've just noticed in my August 2012 bill, a full charge for Friends and Family Mobile which made me suspicious as i was expecting the same partial charge as last year. On contacting BT, they tell me this year they have failed to automatically renew the 'contract' and had i not noticed it, would have continued to be charged for a service i should be getting for free. They have now applied for the renewal and i expect full refund on my November 2012 bill.

I am bringing this to people's attention as i don't know if this is a genuine one-off mistake on my bill, or if this is a new policy of not automatically renewing the contract which could catch a lot of people out?

Has anyone else experienced this?

cheers... Richard.

Guru

Re: Friends and Family Mobile charges

I thought Friends and Family mobile had been dicontinued? I'll have a look.

Aspiring Contributor

Did you find anything?

Distinguished Sage

I suggest you try live chat at this link they should be able to assist you http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor

I doubt they'll take kindly to the question "Are you trying to catch people out by 'mistakenly' charging them for a free service ?". The question was directed at other consumers for their experiences.