Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigTrouble
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Frustrations with BT

Go to solution

It is hard to know where to start with this write up, the issues with BT customer service started even before I signed up for my latest package (didn’t realize at the time of ordering it was an issue). So I’m going to start with my latest marathon phone call with BT customer service then lay out some stats for my experience.

A couple of things before I start; if you feel that there would be better emphasize with appropriate curse words, believe me I was using them, but I do not want to give BT any excuse to sensor this. Secondly, once I finally got a phone number of the technical call out service Qube here in the UK their service was very good and they did call me back when promised. Keeping in mind I had to contact them directly because BT’s TECHNICAL SERVICE IS INCOMPETENT.

So onto my latest marathon phone call with BT customer service which was just over 1 hour and 8 minutes, by no means the longest I have been on the phone at one time with BT. The reason I was calling was because I had been told previously that I needed to talk to billing to get a refund on one of my cancelled services. Which ended with me being transferred to the wrong department and then to be transferred to the right one just after their closing time.

So this time I went directly to the billing department to ensure that this refund was actually in hand, because if I have learned anything from this experience is that BT DOES NOT TELL THE TRUTH. However after sitting on hold I got through to billing, who in turn told me that it was the technical department that I needed for this. So once again after sitting on hold I got through to the technical department (who I have had the displeasure of chatting to multiple times already). Who following their usual useless mantra tried to get me to discuss the problem, so after having to tell them multiple times I have already gone through all of this before and just want to deal with the issue at hand. I was then transferred to the order department. Low and behold I was once again back on hold for at least 5 min, even though I had been promised it would only be 1 minute. After then talking to the agent in that department I was told that they do not deal with returns, that is the billing department, RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED. The agent then put me on hold while they tried to connect me with the billing department, but after waiting another 5 minutes then an additional few minutes discussing my options I had to leave because I was already late for an appointment. I wanted to make an official complaint but apparently since their department had already instigated the cancelation and the refund there was no grounds for them to start a complaint and I would have to do that with the billing department.

So in summary; dialled the number given for the billing department, enter in requested information, wait on hold, get through to billing, answer set questions regarding account, get told that they do not deal with that, get transferred, get put on hold, get through to technical, answer set questions regarding account, get the run around for a while, get transferred, get put on hold, get through to orders, answer set questions regarding account, get the run around, get told its billing that deals with that, attempt to transfer fails, gets additional run around, get told I can’t make a complaint, hang up, realize that after 1 hour and 8 minutes I had gotten nowhere BT DOES NOT VALUE THEIR CUSTOMERS TIME.

So now for some stats;

• Number of times I’ve been lied to by BT = 7
  • Number of times I’ve been on the phone with BT = 10
  • Number of times I’ve been on hold = 30
  • Number of times I’ve gone through different reboot/technical fixes over the phone = 7
  • Number of assurances I was given that the technical fixes would work = 5
  • Number of minutes I’ve spent on the phone with BT = 360 minutes
  • Number of times I was promised a call back = 6
  • Number of times I received a promised call back = 2
  • Number of days late one of my return calls was = 5
  • Responses to my “official” complaint = 0
  • Number of managers that would talk to me on request = 0
  • Number of managers that hide behind their staff and do not resolve anything = all
  • Number of times BT tried to get additional money out of me to solve the issues = 3
  • Number of times BT mis-solded me a product = 1
  • Amount they wanted to charge me for a technical call out = £130.00
  • Number of hours I had to take away from work = 3.5hours
  • How long after BT said my services would start did it actually start = 6 days for phone, 13 days for internet, never for TV

You might think I’m exaggerating these stats, but I forced myself to reign in my figures. I do have photos from my two of my phone calls, just those two are 2.5hours.

• Number of times I’ve felt guilty about getting frustrated with BT staff = All, but often forgot soon as the next set of lies and getting the run around started.

ps. Still not resolved

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
blue27
Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: Frustrations with BT

Go to solution

Hi

I'm afraid you have gone through the same nightmare that I have & countless

Others have with this company,

their incompetence is matched only by their downright lies

in my case. a rogue charge of £99 with no advanced warning of such a charge

followed by countless numbers of lies to cover up what amounts to theft from my bank account.

Still no solution !

Been on here complaining since last Friday!

NOTHING form the mods, (apart from censorship) obviously ! 

Only promises of all will be eventually sorted

meanwhile BT continue to issue threatening letters regarding extra charges/disconnection of service etc.

Don't expect to hear anything for at least a week !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution
blue 27 you have been contacted by the mods on your own post http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/B-T-amp-The-great-99-con/td-p/1034720 once you have contcted them they will reply to you personally within the next 3/5 working days
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Hi BigTrouble,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems you're having.  I can help sort everything out from here.  Click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Thanks very much,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
blue27
Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

John46

It would be a great deal better if you did not constantly spend your time

informing people on these forums that their problems will be addressed

in 3 to 5 days.

Much better to tell them the truth that there is a minimum

wait of at least a calendar week & more

before a mod will address any of their concerns.

The mods that are employed on here appear to be  far too busy scouring the forums

in order to censor people who are (rightly) highly critical of BT & it's modus operandi !

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution
you have not been censored if you had then you would have received a personal message telling you so and why your post was edited or removed and the mods do normally reply personally within 3/5 working days the only time the mods edit posts are when they contain personal information or breach the published forum rules if you think your posts have been edited or removed you can express your query directly to them by sending them a personal message
0 Ratings
blue27
Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

As you will already be well aware

the mods on here appear to do NOTHING but censor posts & topics critical of BT

My last topic specifically referred  to the frankly "shambles" mess that BT made regarding my last bill

If only these same people put the same time & effort into resolving my problems with this company

I WOULDld NOT BE HERE "!!

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution
Hi blue27,

I am very sorry for this delay in getting back to your email. As mentioned in my PM to you will get back to you tomorrow.

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
blue27
Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

You are aware that your "glorious leaders " at BT are threatening to disconnect my service ?

As well as impose late payment charges ?y

I have now wasted a full 8 days being fobbed off on this forum when i could & should

Have been filing two complaints (rogue charge £99)  (billing no advanced notice) with

the communications ombudsman

Tomorrows response better be worth with waiting for

thus far it has been nothing but a complete waste of time

0 Ratings
BigTrouble
Beginner
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Does anyone know if I respond to the email they sent regarding this issue they will get it?

The have got a solution in order but I've now realized the pre-paid mailing bag they sent me is not big enough to fit the items going back.

0 Ratings