cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcal100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Full Fibre Installation

Just been told that the full fibre won’t be activated now till 23rd August due to lack of digital voice hardware. I’ve received the hub and the Wi-fi equipment and the engineer completed  all the work outside 2 days ago. Why the broadband connection is being delayed 7 weeks is beyond me. 
Anyone else having this issue?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Full Fibre Installation

have you tried phoning FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help  can understand if all fibre work installed and connected why delay just because of DV equipment

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mcal100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

It was the FTTP team that told me. Although they are just passing on the details from Openreach. I think Openreach have just decided to suspend their internal installation works until they have a new supply of DV equipment. Not even sure what that would be as I will just be connecting my existing phone into the back of the hub. 

0 Ratings
Mcal100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Well that was a surprise. Just had Openreach on to arrange an engineer visit next Tuesday. Presumably someone got their wires crossed (no pun intended) yesterday. 

0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Openreach don’t supply Digital Voice Equipment nor do they Repair or Maintain it.

Digital Voice is purely a CP, in this case BT owned product/service.

Openreach are only responsible for the installation/maintenance/repair of the Fibre from the Head End to the ONT.

0 Ratings
Mcal100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Spoke too soon. Waited in all afternoon then thought I would call them to get an update on when to expect the engineer as had been arranged, as I had a text confirming timing between 1-6pm today 13th July. You guessed it - no engineer coming and apparently they think Openreach had booked another external appointment, then realised the external works had already been done last week then just punted it into the long grass and didn’t tell anyone. So now apparently have to wait 5 days for Openreach to respond to an exceptions request to bring forward the date of connection from 23rd August. All because of some material shortage ? for the Digital Voice (which I’m pretty sure I don’t need) but why that stops the broadband connection confuses me.

Order placed 18th June

Engineer inspection 28th June

Equipment received 30th June

External works completed 7th July

Broadband installation expected 23rd August 

0 Ratings