cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Full fiber line install waiting a month

Go to solution

I wanted to upgrade to full fiber 900 by tried to merge me to EE which kept failing after 3 attempts which took 3 weeks they closed all the orders and decided to try upgrade me with bt I’m still waiting a month later for them to come out and install the lines I’ve rang maybe 30 times all I get is I need to wait longer very poor service 🫣🫣maybe I’ll get my upgraded fiber next year when they can be bothered to send contractors out to do the work.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Full fiber line install waiting a month

Go to solution

how does your existing phone line enter your home - from pole or underground?.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

I had gigaclear and they put a new line from a pot hole through my garden took them an hour but my current bt line goes from a pipe under ground into the box I did ask if bt could use the gigaclear line they said they couldn’t so I’m still waiting unfortunately 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Gigaclear are an alt net who use their own network so Openreach will not, usually alt nets are the way to go if they are there, what happened to them? Not always heard good things about them but from your post I assume you are on copper now wanting to upgrade to FTTP? It would have to be sooooo bad to move from fibre to copper right!

Generally its good for some of the experts on here to see your results from:

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

Just when you post, ensure you obscure your address.

Some of the guys on here and decipher the info and spot challenges with the install.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

  Filled it in

IMG_6633.png

IMG_6632.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

This 'UG partial Direct in Ground' indicates new trenching/ducting may be required, what is this pipe you refer to with your existing copper service I assume?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Yh there’s a pipe in my utility closet with the current bt line install waiting think they literally just need to run the pipe through it 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Its possible they can just use the existing ducting if suitable.

So are you going to place another order?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

My order is still active after I ordered a new upgrade but without merging to ee they should have installed the lines but are late still 🫣

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Oh I see, so you've had an install date since new order but nothing?

Whether you order with BT or EE wont effect Openreach.

0 Ratings