Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbz5416
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Get Message to Openreach

Go to solution

I have a BB switch to BT scheduled next month. On the last three occasions I've switched ISP, it's gone wrong due to issues in the local cab. Who can I speak to in BT who has the ear of Openreach so I can ensure it doesn't happen again?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Get Message to Openreach

Go to solution

There is nothing you can do at the moment, you will have to wait to see if there is an issue with the order.

If you are moving from one FTTC provider to another, there will be issues if the cabinet is full, and there are no free ports, as any existing connection will be ceased.

0 Ratings
rbz5416
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks but nothing to do with capacity.

Struggling to accept that the preferred method is to break the connection & then spend a week trying to sort it out rather than do it properly in t he first place.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

changing ISPs means you lose your existing and should cab be full at that time then you will join waiting list and not get connected right away  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@rbz5416 wrote:

Thanks but nothing to do with capacity.

Struggling to accept that the preferred method is to break the connection & then spend a week trying to sort it out rather than do it properly in t he first place.

That would be normal, as its done as a cease and re-provide.

0 Ratings
rbz5416
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

It's "normal" to break the connection for week? I don't think so.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I don't think anyone said it is normal to lose broadband for a week when changing ISP but you lose your connection and if it so happened your cabinet was full then you would lose your broadband altogether and join the waiting list

as @Keith_Beddoe  when changing ISP it is cease and reprovide

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rbz5416
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

That may not have been what @Keith_Beddoe meant but it IS exactly what he said.

I really don't know what it is that compels someone to have to post an "answer" to a question when they don't know the answer. I suppose it's a desire to keep the post count up. Had he simply skipped to the next post we wouldn't now be rambling on about full cabinets, which is completely irrelevant.

Now I'm prepared to accept that no one on the forum knows the answer to my question & if that's the case, so be it. But can I please have no more off-topic posts?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I think @Keith_Beddoe  answered your question in message 2  there is nothing you can do until you actually have a problem

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

How can somebody fix something before it is broken. There is a process that is followed, c99% of the time following the process results in a satisfactory conclusion. On the odd c1% of the time problems occur, until that problem does occur nobody can predict what it will be and can't predict a solution.