Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacksbyrne
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Getting Fibre Help

Go to solution

Hi all!

First post here, hoping someone can help. Been having issues getting fibre through various suppliers, despite the Openreach checker saying I'm able to get it. Googling has resulted in old threads with forum members able to check in more detail as to why this might be the case. Is this still something that I'd be able to get help with? If so, what information would be needed from me?

Thanks!

Jack

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Getting Fibre Help

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Are you intending to place an order with BT Retail, as this forum can only help with that?

Do you have a working phone line with a Service Provider at the moment?

0 Ratings
jacksbyrne
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

BT Retail being Broadband/TV/Etc, that would be the aim, yes, intending to move away from Sky, who are my current provider. Appreciate that this forum is based around the BT product, but it's the only place I've been able to find anything approaching help beyond 'sorry, we can't offer fibre' with no details beyond that. I understand if you're limited in what you can do to help as I'm a non BT customer, this post was a bit of a long shot!

As far as I know, the phone line is working. We don't currently have a landline phone plugged in, it's just used for internet.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If Sky cannot offer Sky Fibre, then BT Retail would not be able to offer BT Infinity, as they both use the same Openreach infrastructure.

The only difference would be, if Fibre To The Premises is available, as only a few providers offer that product. This is often provided in new build properties, business customers, or in remote areas where there has never been an Internet connection.

0 Ratings
jacksbyrne
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Ah, think I'm on FTTC, assuming the Openreach checker is correct. Any more I can do on my end, or just a case of waiting for the infrastructure to catch up?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Nothing you can do apart from waiting. Once its available, then you can either stay with Sky, or move to BT Retail on one of the special new customer deals,

As you do not have a BT Retail phone number, the BT Broadband availability checker would not be any good, so I assume Sky have their own checker.

You can look up your exchange and cabinet on this website, as it may give you more info on when your cabinet would be upgraded.

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm

jacksbyrne
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Cheers Keith, you’ve been a lot of help!
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

You could try the address checker, not quite as accurate as the phoneline checker but would give you an idea of what's actually available to you.

Poat a screenshot of the result.

0 Ratings
jacksbyrne
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hey Pippincp,

Cheers for the suggestion, this is the screenshot of what I can apparently get:

https://imgur.com/a/TXhOC (couldn't figure out how to add an image natively, if that's possible)

0 Ratings