Aspiring Expert
Pasha_Selim

Good grief! Can you believe such a letter?

I registered for Unlimited Anytime Plan last October. Two monthly bills followed including calls for Weekend, Daytime, 08xx numbers, all of which should have been free under the UAP.

Phoned Customer Services. Hmm, yes, our mistake, cheque's in the post. No cheque. Phoned back. Oops, sorry, we'll credit your next bill. No credit on next bill. Phoned CS again. Oops, sorry, I'll make sure the credit is applied the next bill. But you said that before, and you said I'd get a cheque in the post - I don't believe you any more, I don't trust BT any more. I've spent ages perusing my bills, checking the T&Cs, waiting for CS to answer..... We're very sorry, but I assure you the next bill will have the credit, and because you have wasted so much time sorting out our mistake, we will add a little extra as a goodwill gesture. (Figure of £xx.00 specified). Well, OK, thank you, that seems fair and acceptable. BT goes up a little in my estimation....

Lo and behold! I get a letter from Mr Warren Buckley, Managing Director, Customer Service, that says

Thank you for contacting us recently. I am happy to confirm that the credit of £yy.zz that we agreed (sic) has gone into your account on xxth Month 2010.

Er, we did not agree £yy.zz, we agreed over the phone £xx.00, a difference of just a few pounds, but Mr Buckley has deducted the goodwill gesture :smileymad: He didn't even apologise for the trouble BT has caused me, or bother to explain what went wrong, just a boilerplate letter to another irritating customer who had the nerve to complain about a billing error.

Just when I thought, well thanks BT, you're starting to get things right, and was planning to post here about a satisfactory resolution to this little saga, once I had seen the verbally agreed credit on my bill because I've posted about it before, here and on the old forums, and I thought I'd compliment BT for once.

Good grief, you couldn't make it up.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Value Added Guest (Inspiring Not Aspiring)
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: Good grief! Can you believe such a letter?

Good grief.

During your frustration you have forgotten to ask a question and therefore your post may not fall under the forum terms.

I would suggest that you ask "Would it be possible for BT to look into the different monetary values in a hope of resolving this issue".

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Aspiring Expert
Pasha_Selim

DS wrote:

Good grief.

During your frustration you have forgotten to ask a question and therefore your post may not fall under the forum terms.

But I did ask a q! Can you believe such a letter? In the subject field!

Good point though DS. Behind my post, and, believe me, all that I said is true, is the question in my mind: To whom should I write a letter in order to address this issue?

Bearing in mind that the email complaint avenue is, in my experience and that of others, a waste of time and effort, that telephone calls to CS are plainly a waste of effort because agreements made therein are not acted upon, and that I have written to CS in the past (the mysterious Jillian G. Lewis - looks like she's gone) and had no reply!

Is this something that warrants an email to the man who asks us to speak up if we are worried - the CEO himself?

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

Distinguished Guru
DS

Pash 1 - 0 DS.

With regard to the letter option I would suggest that you send it via recorded delivery. To Whom? maybe a forum moderator could give you a name of a person whom has not looked into this issue yet?

Email. I would say that this is an option but only you can decide this.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Community Manager
SeanD

Hi Pasha,

Thanks for the post.

Not sure what has happened there but I can help clear up any confusion. Can you please drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com, with your BT account info and details of the letter that you received.

I note that you've posted on this before and also that you didn't want to give your details then but we're really keen to help and can't do so without those details. Please get in touch and we can investigate this for you quickly.

Cheers

Sean

BTCare Community Manager

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry that we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)
Aspiring Expert
Pasha_Selim

Sean, many thanks for the offer. Please don't get me wrong, but I'd prefer to see this out through "correct" channels. I've been looking at the Code of Practice, and there's nothing in it that says "If you're not happy try asking on the Forums and one of the Mods might be able to fast-track the issue". It says very clearly:

If you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint, please ask to speak to the manager. He or she will review your complaint and will work with you to try and sort out the problem. If, after contacting the manager, you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint properly, please ask for your complaint to be reviewed by a more senior manager. If you are still not satisfied with how we have dealt with your complaint, it can be reviewed by a Complaint Review Service Manager.

Maybe that's an area that needs looking at - incorporating the CS function of these forums more overtly into the Code of Practice? And maybe BT should modify the Forum description in the portal - expand the

This is the place where customers help other customers get the most out of their BT products and services.

..by adding "and where the Mods can sometimes help resolve a customer problem"?  ...sorry I'm ramblig OT.

Plus there's the privacy thing: I feel very uncomfortable losing my anonymity. It's not that I don't trust you and the other mods, believe me; I don't trust those elsewhere in BT who are surely keeping tabs on what goes on here.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.

Expert
PheeragHfre

Pasha_Selim wrote:

Sean, many thanks for the offer. Please don't get me wrong, but I'd prefer to see this out through "correct" channels. I've been looking at the Code of Practice, and there's nothing in it that says "If you're not happy try asking on the Forums and one of the Mods might be able to fast-track the issue". It says very clearly:

If you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint, please ask to speak to the manager. He or she will review your complaint and will work with you to try and sort out the problem. If, after contacting the manager, you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint properly, please ask for your complaint to be reviewed by a more senior manager. If you are still not satisfied with how we have dealt with your complaint, it can be reviewed by a Complaint Review Service Manager.

Maybe that's an area that needs looking at - incorporating the CS function of these forums more overtly into the Code of Practice? And maybe BT should modify the Forum description in the portal - expand the

This is the place where customers help other customers get the most out of their BT products and services.

..by adding "and where the Mods can sometimes help resolve a customer problem"?  ...sorry I'm ramblig OT.

Plus there's the privacy thing: I feel very uncomfortable losing my anonymity. It's not that I don't trust you and the other mods, believe me; I don't trust those elsewhere in BT who are surely keeping tabs on what goes on here.

I'm not sure if this is still a valid BT Resolution Address but it maybe worth a try?

BT Resolution Team Glasgow

Alexander Bain House

15 York Street 

Glasgow

G2 8LA

Possible Tel no:- 0800 0857806 option 2

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
Aspiring Contributor
Seraph

[ Edited ]

Doesn't get much higher than this: as of last December:

Executive Level Complaints Relationship Manager

elc(at)bt.com

4C Monument TE, 11-13 Great Tower Street, London, EC3R 5AQ

I've not posted the phone number - if you want it then PM me

Aspiring Expert
Pasha_Selim

Many thanks for all the suggestions - ratings duly awarded :smileyhappy:

I'll follow the Code for the time being.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.