cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucan07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

HELP HELP ME! From the frying pan into the fire has the whole world gome mad?

I just moved from Virgin Media because they were incompetent and unable to provide services paid for leaving me without service for 9 weeks, I arrive at BT and so far its worse.

Firstly I was told BT Box not BT box and had my first installation cancelled by open reach.

Next I have a second install for BT, hooray Openreach sent someone who recognised the ancient box & did the install.

BT site will not let me register for account because my aged father required care and I used my email to manage his account, I cannot deletethe deceased account and BT start spamming my father in his grave using my email account.

Call to BT and explain this and they send me a code  to read to them and they let me add an account to my deceased fathers account which triggers a whole new bout of spamming my deceased father really makes you feel good after years to be spammed by BT asking if he wants a phone in his coffin...

Finally I have broadband and outgoing calls.

Surely we will be ok, but not spamming goes into overdrive & phone will not receive incoming calls.

So I go online to do a test however BT website is as much of a joke as virginMedias, let me walk you through a landline check with BT go through various tests online using BT Broadband, in middle of tests your told to disconnect the broadband which crashes the test leaving page ticking over saying its working. As an IT pro I understand this is a JOKE so  reconnect every thing and start test again I jump section where it says disconnect again and continue where they ask me to agree to pay them £85 if tests not carried out as specified  or if the wiring they did inside my property the day before was not done correctly. (Yeah I am that stupid) but unfortunately I imagine many are especially the elderly or vulnerable.

So I go to 08000800150 guy is professionalbut his sytem is also as bad from responses I get, we start with the fault and he does the tests informs me bad work was likely done outside and will be fixed in 3-4 days or sooner?

Ok eventually we will have a phone but my daughter travelled 100 mile round trip because my landline has gone and replies I am unavailable and my mobil was not contactable because I am ringing from it to check incoming landline wich was also being used to confirm outgoing calls available.

I also try to get the deceased account taken off my account while I have a BT guy on phone again not their fault it takes 20min min to get through with corona BUT he stops me getting spammed by BT by removing the offending email from BT system? Yes my email required to get into my account but at least they won't wake my father in his grave every five minutes.

He the agrees to put my landline on a call forward to my mobile so that I can recieve calls until fixed. Ok I point out its forwarded to my mobile so I cannot test that its working I have been on lock down for almost three years due to ummuno suppresant medication so after call will you ring the BT line so I know its working, he agrees so we hang up landline.

Still waiting No phone No phone forwarding as far as I know I obviously have no way to test, I know I will log into my account and try to report again, or so I thought he has removed the email and I cannot log in, but I still have a window open so I will make a complaint NO although account logged in and I can see my bank details and everything else I am not allowed to make a complaint because my email now invalid.

So now I have one choice spend my third or fourth hour trying to get my service which they can manage to bill me for but not provide.

From start to finish my dealings with BT have been a comedy of errors, the BT fault testing online is acomedy of errors, the Software the staff use is obviously a comedy of errors, so before I once again go back to the commedy of errors helpline to get the same stuff (FIXED or UNFIXED) depending which comedian you get I thought I would try here in case someone monitored this support group with an easier way than spending more hours banging my head against a BRICK WALL trying to get the services I need to survive.

HELP I am beginning to understand just how easy it would be for someone to go postal, being an old decrepid **bleep** its even easier what is the worst that can happen I may get life (As long as that) don't mess with old fellas we have little incentive not to offend.

And please someone give me an email to make a complaint or get to someone working for BT that will not repeat the same errors time and time again until I go postal.....

As the death was registered with DMA 6 years ago every email is an offence under UK law legal action has been initiated, BBT will stand to get a huge fine.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
lucan07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: HELP HELP ME! From the frying pan into the fire has the whole world gome mad?

So just confirmed no call forwarding on my Landline as not only promised but stated that it was already in effect as more loss of earnings accrue as this comedy gets worse by the minute.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
lucan07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

I left Virgin because they were incompetent to find BT are worse and even the forums are not working

HELP HELP ME! From the frying pan into the fire has the whole world gome mad?

I just moved from Virgin Media because they were incompetent and unable to provide services paid for leaving me without service for 9 weeks, I arrive at BT and so far its worse.

Firstly I was told BT Box not BT box and had my first installation cancelled by open reach.

Next I have a second install for BT, hooray Openreach sent someone who recognised the ancient box & did the install.

BT site will not let me register for account because my aged father required care and I used my email to manage his account, I cannot deletethe deceased account and BT start spamming my father in his grave using my email account.

Call to BT and explain this and they send me a code  to read to them and they let me add an account to my deceased fathers account which triggers a whole new bout of spamming my deceased father really makes you feel good after years to be spammed by BT asking if he wants a phone in his coffin...

Finally I have broadband and outgoing calls.

Surely we will be ok, but not spamming goes into overdrive & phone will not receive incoming calls.

So I go online to do a test however BT website is as much of a joke as virginMedias, let me walk you through a landline check with BT go through various tests online using BT Broadband, in middle of tests your told to disconnect the broadband which crashes the test leaving page ticking over saying its working. As an IT pro I understand this is a JOKE so  reconnect every thing and start test again I jump section where it says disconnect again and continue where they ask me to agree to pay them £85 if tests not carried out as specified  or if the wiring they did inside my property the day before was not done correctly. (Yeah I am that stupid) but unfortunately I imagine many are especially the elderly or vulnerable.

So I go to 08000800150 guy is professionalbut his sytem is also as bad from responses I get, we start with the fault and he does the tests informs me bad work was likely done outside and will be fixed in 3-4 days or sooner?

Ok eventually we will have a phone but my daughter travelled 100 mile round trip because my landline has gone and replies I am unavailable and my mobil was not contactable because I am ringing from it to check incoming landline wich was also being used to confirm outgoing calls available.

I also try to get the deceased account taken off my account while I have a BT guy on phone again not their fault it takes 20min min to get through with corona BUT he stops me getting spammed by BT by removing the offending email from BT system? Yes my email required to get into my account but at least they won't wake my father in his grave every five minutes.

He the agrees to put my landline on a call forward to my mobile so that I can recieve calls until fixed. Ok I point out its forwarded to my mobile so I cannot test that its working I have been on lock down for almost three years due to ummuno suppresant medication so after call will you ring the BT line so I know its working, he agrees so we hang up landline.

Still waiting No phone No phone forwarding as far as I know I obviously have no way to test, I know I will log into my account and try to report again, or so I thought he has removed the email and I cannot log in, but I still have a window open so I will make a complaint NO although account logged in and I can see my bank details and everything else I am not allowed to make a complaint because my email now invalid.

So now I have one choice spend my third or fourth hour trying to get my service which they can manage to bill me for but not provide.

From start to finish my dealings with BT have been a comedy of errors, the BT fault testing online is acomedy of errors, the Software the staff use is obviously a comedy of errors, so before I once again go back to the commedy of errors helpline to get the same stuff (FIXED or UNFIXED) depending which comedian you get I thought I would try here in case someone monitored this support group with an easier way than spending more hours banging my head against a BRICK WALL trying to get the services I need to survive.

HELP I am beginning to understand just how easy it would be for someone to go postal, being an old decrepid **bleep** its even easier what is the worst that can happen I may get life (As long as that) don't mess with old fellas we have little incentive not to offend.

And please someone give me an email to make a complaint or get to someone working for BT that will not repeat the same errors time and time again until I go postal.....

As the death was registered with DMA 6 years ago every email is an offence under UK law legal action has been initiated, BBT will stand to get a huge fine.

0 Ratings
lucan07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Re: I left Virgin because they were incompetent to find BT are worse and even the forums are not wor

Obviously no one around that wishes to defend the undefenceable but I did think there may have been some contact details to be had, at least on virgin they had staff on the forum even if all they did was talk rubbish  & lie through their back teeth.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Re: I left Virgin because they were incompetent to find BT are worse and even the forums are not wor

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Welcome-to-the-BT-Community-Forum/td-p/15...

"The only official presence from BT on our forum is our team of friendly moderators and a few subject matter experts. We can be clearly identified by our title underneath our usernames as well as by the signatures we use."

You may get a reply from one of the moderators. Everyone else are just customers.

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 16

@lucan07 

Repeating a VERY long post twice is not going to do you any favours.  It's a huge post aleady and now we have it printed twice.  

You would be better to keep it short and just indicate what the issue is and what you have done to try and sort it.

A: Does you Broadband work? (Yes or No)

B: What is the issue with the phone? 

C: Have you another phone available to test it with?

3 simple questions/answers would get the ball rolling. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

@lucan07 

from your other post you appear to be a business user and if so you are on the wrong forum for assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lucan07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Broadband yes it works

Issue with phone outgoing calls only

yes its tested its outside

I now have email saying my landline forwarded to mobile it has not.

I posted once in billing new to system posted in landlines,

The two posts in each post is your forum system I have no idea how it comes twice in each post

Louis

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

posting the same thing in more than one board just leads to confusion and answers getting duplicated so need to stick to one thread and one board  - reason why posts were merged rather than deleted

are you a business user?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lucan07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Well like the BT site that is abysmal the forum has so much information, like all businesses the complaints are pushed to one side first time on site desperate to get sorted, my daughter and grandchildren drive across country because i am recovering from canver and on a lock down for 3 yrs so far and I cannot be contacted.

I post to billing etc and later to landlines in the vague hope this forum at least could give me a way to contact BT, today I have more hours waiting on  150 number, when staff lie repeatedly in person and again in writing yes I am angry.

When openreach lie and cancel  because of incompetence or lack of training yes I am angry.

When BT refuses to follow direct marketing rules and spam my dead father on my email account yes I am angry and have started litigation that is basic common courtessy to follow the law regarding deceased familly members.

0 Ratings