Contributor
damview
Accepted Solution

HOW CAN I FIND THE DATE MY CONTRACT ENDS?

It's not on my bill - why?

Logged in and searched my account - no sign of my contract date - and I'm really good at searching aroung sites so it must be hidden.

Why is it hidden? 

It should be on the bill so I know when to cancel if necessary.

I'm thinking it may be necessary to cancel - but when? And how?

All I want is my contract date - not too much to ask surely?

Does anyone know where BT have hidden it - and is it legal to hide it?

All help, suggestions [nice ones] and sticky buns appreciated.

Pete

Contributor
damview

Re: HOW CAN I FIND THE DATE MY CONTRACT ENDS?

Forgot to say - I actually want ot DOWNGRADE my contract as my current one is now toooooo expensive so don't want to misss the end of contract date.

BTW - anyone know why BT only offers it's customers the option of UPGRADING their contracts?

grimnog

[ Edited ]

See the thread on BT price increases, you'll see how to end your contract early now....

Contributor
damview

Thanks for that - but I do not want to end my contract early - just DOWNGRADE it when my current contract ends - I think it is sometime this month though I have not received any communication yet from BT to say it is ending.

So, how can I find out when my current contract ends??

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

BT don't want to make it easy for you to downgrade - only to upgrade to a more expensive package.

The information you want is not on-line. You have to phone up and ask. The best people to speak to are the Customer Options team. Unusually for BT, they can actually be helpful.
Contributor
damview

Many thanks for the advice.

I agree, the whole BT website is skewed to make you go the upgrade route with no particular care for what the customer - paying customer - if after.

They do seem to have page after page of upgrade advice.

I wonder if they don't put the contract end date on line and on your bill as a means of allowing the contracts to roll over?  And maybe, just maybe, they forget to send out the letter warning you of the contract automatic renewal date..........?

Wonder why I do not trust BT...................

Contributor
damview

Mmmmmmm ....  looks to me that finding my contract end date is going to be very very difficult.

BT are unwilling to tell me, no one on here seems to know, maybe there really is something to hide.

This is looking more and more like a BT conspiracy of silence.... hear it? .... deafening isn't it?

Come on BT, bite the bullet, pull out all the stops, get your finger out and let me know how I can find my contract end date!

Surely it can't be so secret you can't tell me - or can it?

Contributor
damview

Just wondering how long BT is going to take to answer this simple question.

It's a bit like waiting for them to answer a simple question when you 'phone them and just a tad faster than playing postal chess.

Contributor
damview

Yesterday afternoon I emailed the BT help people with this query - still no reply this morning - they have had 15 hours to reply, obviously can't be bothered.

Getting fed up.

Looking for a change of supplier now.

Still need my end of contract date though so I can cancel on time and not incurr horrendous BT early cancellation fees.

Contributor
damview

OK, after 36 hours BT decide to phone me with my end of contract date - it's 22 Aug!

Loads of trouble getting it - when I asked where I could find it online I was told I couldn't - it wasn't online!

Come on BT - put the end of contract date online and on your bills - why are you hiding it?

Just started looking through USwitch to find another supplier - as fed up with paying BT a premium price for an inferior service.