cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadeInLondon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Half a month and 4 activation dates have passed, yet I still have no broadband connection.

I honestly don't want to waste time writing about my experience with BT so far, but I'd like to say that I'm totally dissatisfied with the service received so far; there needs to be more transparency and fewer games. I've read complaints regarding BT broadband activation dating back to 2010, so it's clear this is an on-going issue that hasn't been solved.

I signed up for BT Infinity on 15th of December. My activation date was set for the 22nd of December. This date arrived and my landline was activated but my broadband wasn't. 

I called up and complained and was given a new activation date which was on the 26th of December. This date arrived and my broadband still wasn't working. Then I was given another date for the 27th, again no broadband, another for the 29th, which also failed, and today I was given a new date for the 5th of January.

I work from home, so an active broadband connection is vital. I've honestly lost all hope in BT and believe I'll be given the same old excuses and the same old promises when the 5th of January arrives, and my broadband still doesn't work. My property is wired for both Virgin Media and BT, so my last resort is to sign up with Virgin Media and see what activation date they give me, then stick with whichever company gets my broadband up and running first and cancel the other.

A friend advised me to post here, but I don't see how this is any better than calling up, which is something I've been doing since I signed up for BT Infinity. I'm fed up! Hopefully, someone here can help.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Half a month and 4 activation dates have passed, yet I still have no broadband connection.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Re: Half a month and 4 activation dates have passed, yet I still have no broadband connection.

Hi @MadeInLondon,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry the activation of your Broadband has been delayed. I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
MadeInLondon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe

Hi @PaddyB, the information has been sent.
0 Ratings
MadeInLondon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for the call @PaddyB. When signing up, I would have never imagined it would take this long to get connected. I hope this can be sorted out by next week. I've used up my EE broadband data, purchased another 15GB (£19.99) which is about to run out. This really isn't feasible.

I really hope I have a connection soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MadeInLondon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Yet again, I'm told I will be connected anytime between now and Monday and that an engineer doesn't need to be sent out. This contradicts what the person I spoke to prior to today said to me.

I'm really fed up. I've spent £60 on data this week. I still don't know what the actual problem is.

0 Ratings
MadeInLondon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Monday arrives and more excuses. Now I've been given a new activation date 11/01/2018. Quite confident that will fail as well.

0 Ratings
MadeInLondon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

BT Engineer called, he said he was going to the exchange to connect my fibre, and that I should make sure my router is turned on. A few minutes later he tells me he can't complete the job because the telephone line is in a separate cabinet from the fibre cabinet (didn't make sense to me).

Anyway, I'm back to square 1. I guess the promise of a Thursday 11/01/2018 activation was just a rough estimate. The engineer just happened to turn up a few days early. 

0 Ratings
MadeInLondon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Same nonsense. Now I'm being told Monday!! Ridiculous!! Monday will be 1 month exactly since I ordered broadband.

0 Ratings
MadeInLondon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Another 5-day wait. "There's a problem showing on the system, we won't have further information until after 5 days". 

0 Ratings