cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magpie03
Expert
Message 1 of 9

I received an email about an offer for me to upgrade to Halo 1 for an additional £3 a month.

Was every customer not getting switched over to this anyway?

In myBT it says my current package is Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Halo 1

Go to solution

Hi @magpie03 

No, Halo1 is a rebranding of BT Plus essentially, so only those who had BT Plus get switched over. It's still an optional extra.

GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Just as a thought, I also had Superfast fibre 1 Unlimited, no BT Plus, and was sent to same thing, upgrade to Halo 1 for £3 extra, I gave the loyalty team a call, and they offered me Halo 2 for £3 extra, complete with home tech advisors, Smart Hub 2 etc, so if your intrested, maybe worth giving the BT loyalty team a ring.

magpie03
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
@GarryJ
Thank you, I will get in contact with them and see what they say.
0 Ratings
RTFishall
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I pay the extra £3pcm and it is worth it for me. I got the latest Home Hub and one disc(extender). On asking I got an extra disc for free. I now have a great signal over my entire house (including the garden!) without any loss. The discs really work unlike many other extenders and are very simple to install.

shawny1967
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Is this correct....

I'm currently on Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited for £58.99 a month discounted to £33.49 until september.

Halo 1, offering the same speeds is £36.49 a month - and when my contract ends - would remain at £36.49  unlike my current contract, that would increase to £58.99.

Would it be best to wait until September (saving £27  - 9 months @ £3)  before taking out a Halo 1 contract, or is the offer only for a short period of time ?

0 Ratings
Pbro
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I have the same package, Superfast 2. Just renewed and upgraded to Halo1 for £28.49 (24 months, but with Halo the contact price is static (ad infinitum, apparently). I wasn't charged any extra for Halo 1 'upgrade'. Maybe give them a call and cite this.

Good luck 🙂 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Pbro 

The contract price is fixed for the first 18 months of your contract but it will then be subjected to an annual increase based upon inflation.

startingtopuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I have just upgraded (at additional cost) and this is what speed I am getting.Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 09.48.19.jpg

0 Ratings