Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Halo 3+

Go to solution

Afternoon,

Hoping that someone has experience or knowledge of the following:

I am thinking of upgrading to Halo 3+ and I have also found out that my area is now full fibre.  Even though the Halo 3+ offering is initially for a normal broadband package, there is full fibre promise which states "You will be upgraded to full fibre when it is available in your area at no extra charge"

Does this mean that I am able to get full fibre after I upgrade or am I missing something?  Also, will I need to request the full fibre or will BT process this automatically. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Halo 3+

Go to solution

If full fibre is available to you, you can upgrade any time you don't need Halo3 to do it. The price for full fibre is the same as for FTTC for a given package. Only the higher speeds which are not available to FTTC cost more. You will need to order it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@United77 

When ordering full fibre you can select "Hybrid Connect" for £7pm and "Complete Wifi" for £10pm if you need without having  halo package... I'd be wary of upgrades to FTTP in general, so make sure its an option for you now before taking any upgrades as they could not do this for me (from gfast halo 1 package) and had to order a completely new connection.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

You can get full fibre at any time it comes available. You will need to request it as you would enter a new contract.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Typically an upgrade when in contract will cost more money, the Halo 3+ promise means you go to Full Fibre 100 at the same cost you paid for the Halo 3+ package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies.

The reason I am looking at Halo 3+ is I need complete wifi, so ordering full fibre stand alone wouldn't work for me.  It just looked like a good option to get the best of everything.   

The option of buying a standalone complete wifi disc is also appealing, although there's no BT guarantee or additional discs if i go that way.

I will consider it over the weekend. 

Thanks all.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
I dont get it - just order full fibre and select complete WiFi as an extra during the order? For full fibre 100 it will cost you £39.99 overall, for 300 - £49.99...
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

The reason is that it costs more to go the full fibre route. I did a mock order and it works out - Full fibre 100 £40.99 + £10 complete WiFi + £7 Hybrid Connect. Total £57.99

My price for Halo 3+ is £47 and includes all of the above. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Call or chat to them - you can get fibre 100 for 29.99...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@someuser08wrote:

Call or chat to them - you can get fibre 100 for 29.99...

The OP needs complete wi-fi as well, £29.99 does not include complete wi-fi which is £10 per month more, if the OP can get Halo3+ for £47 then having the hybrid back included along with double data on BT mobiles, free home tech visit, no out of contract increase and a free upgrade to FTTP makes the £7 difference worth paying but that is simply my personal opinion, do what suits your own personal needs and budget.