Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

Halo is here

Go to solution

For those that are interested, BT have announced more details today of their new service "Halo", which in short, looks like BT Plus with extra bits.

Web page: https://www.bt.com/halo

Blurb from Twitter:

"Ultra-reliable broadband, more from your mobile and home phone and service like you’ve never experienced.

Welcome to Halo from BT – the UK’s ultimate broadband, mobile and phone package. 

Enjoy the fastest speeds from BT at home with our award-winning Smart Hub 2, and on the go with 5G. Halo customers can also add our no limits plan, unlimited everything on your broadband, mobile and home phone. And all BT mobile customers in a Halo household get double data.

Halo comes with our Keep Connected Promise so if you’re having a problem with your broadband or you’re moving home, we’ll get you back online quickly

And we also guarantee a strong signal in every room when customers choose Complete Wi-Fi.

Need a hand with something?

Our friendly team of Home Tech Experts will visit you at home. With 2-hour appointments available 7 days a week, there’s no more waiting around.

If you need to call us, we’ll connect you to one of our dedicated UK and Ireland customer service teams.

We’ll never charge you more than a new customer, and your bill won’t go up when your contract ends."

Sounds interesting, the on site technical help could be very beneficial. What do you think?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Halo is here

Go to solution

Not sure how much benefit I'd receive where I live. I checked my upgrade offer today which, apart from the usual price & speed promise, was only offering double mobile data (which I don't need), no mention of 5G (I don't think it's available in this area anyway), the Keep Connected promise (which I won't pay for as it's law now anyway), and Complete Wifi (which I definitely don't need).

Just like BT Plus I think I'll give it a miss.

Oh, and a 24 month extension AFTER my current offer ends. That's much too long to be tied into any company without the opportunity to pursue better offers elsewhere during that period.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

I'd be interested to see a link to where it states that the Keep Connected Promise is the law now as I'm not aware of that being the case

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

More information has now been posted by Community admin in this topic here:

Introducing BT Halo

So it turns out BT Plus is becoming Halo 1, with a further option (Halo 2) including the in house tech support.

For me it will be interesting to see what the "Unlimited mobile data" looks like, my 13 year old can burn through her current 20GB in days. 😳

robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Not so much 'law', but darn near it 😀

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/automatic-compensation

Why pay for something you're already entitled to 😂

0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

The keep connected promise is different from the automatic compensation. Under the keep connected promise you get a 4G mini hub & unltd data on your mobile (if you have a BT mobile/SIM) while there's a fault

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

That is correct @garybs29  and I suppose there will be some who think that's worth paying extra for. Me? I see it as a dressed up way of making you pay for the similar 'privilege' 😉

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

I'm confused,

Apparently I have been moved from BT Plus to Halo 1, but I have Complete Home Wi-Fi, Smarthub 2 and Superfast Fibre, the only thing I'm missing from the Halo 2 package is the Tech Support ?? And yet I have Halo 1 ????

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@gibbylinkswrote:

I'm confused,

Apparently I have been moved from BT Plus to Halo 1, but I have Complete Home Wi-Fi, Smarthub 2 and Superfast Fibre, the only thing I'm missing from the Halo 2 package is the Tech Support ?? And yet I have Halo 1 ????

It would seem that if you had BT Plus you are automatically moved to Halo 1, regardless of the hub you have (I also have a Smart Hub 2 and have moved to Halo 1). 

In house tech support is a new feature and part of the Halo 2 offering, so you would need to upgrade to get it, although when I pressed the button to upgrade to see the cost, it wouldn't let me as I am "already on the top package".

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Oh and the "unlimited data and calls" I mentioned is an additional £30 per month and it looks like you need to have at least 1 BT mobile sim to access it. 

I already have 3 BT sims so I'm not quite sure that is going to work for me, will have to keep an eye on this to see how it pans out.

0 Ratings