Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Halo is here

Go to solution

Sorry I missed out that we have two mobiles with unlimited minutes and double data too

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

I keep getting emails from BT about Halo, I never upgraded to BT Plus, and am on the Superfast Fibre 1 package, do not need complete wifi, am not with BT mobile, it seems the only thing that would interest me is the mini hub that comes if you have broadband problems, so not quite sure if the whole thing is intended for customers like myself, I have a online offer on the MyBT page to upgrade for £3 extra, really trying to work out for myself if it is worth it, might have to give the customer options line a call to clarify where I stand with it all.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

None of my MyBT links re Halo work as it ends up with not being able to show any personalised deals at the moment. It is probable that having recontracted last month MyBT is a bit behind.

I am on Superfast Fibre Unlimited with the free speed upgrade and if I had an offer to upgrade to Halo 1  for an extra £3 I may take - this is based on the fact that I would change my Anytime calling plan costing £7.99 to the 500 minutes plan costing £5 ie no change in my monthly overall payment. I can't imagine being offered this based on what I am currently paying but who knows. 

From what I have read once you are on a Halo contract , say for £30 , then this is fixed permanently with the only increase over time of the March inflation increase eg the £30 increases by say 2.5% compound over the years.

Presumably you don't have to use the SmartHub 2 if you currently have a Smart Hub with the bands split - my devices are 2.4 and sometimes struggle with a non split connection as they are a bit ancient. 

There is one thing that I would like clarified which is -  After the contract ends do you need to recontract at the price you are paying or are you put on a monthly rolling contract at the same price.

0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Perfect for streaming, gaming, watching and downloading in HD on multiple devices

• Stay Fast Guarantee – get the speeds we promise you, or £20 back
  • Unlimited monthly usage
  • Online storage with BT Cloud
  • Free access to over 5 million UK Wi-Fi hotspots
Keep all your Halo 1 benefits, along with extra Halo 2 benefits:
  • Expert tech support in your own home
  • Smart Hub 2, with wi-fi controls to manage screen time
  • Wi-Fi Discs guarantee a strong signal in every room

I have all this already through plus with exception of the "in house tech support" for £3 extra which i don't need. 

My biggest concerns are

> that it says i'm now on Halo and my Stay Fast Guarantee has dropped a fair chunk from what my plan originally was

> have i been re-contracted with this change or is it in name only.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Anybody thinking of upgrading to Halo, the best advice I can give is call the loyalty team a call, 0800800150, I called them just for pricing information, I currently have Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited, I gave this number a call, and they offered me the complete Halo 2 package (with all of what that includes, most of which I do not have as I resisted the temptation of BT Plus), and to renew my TV/Sports pack all for £3 extra than what I pay now, the only big sticking point I had with it all was the 24 month contract, but if others are tempted, I would give the number above a call first and see what you can work out with them.

0 Ratings