Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahpwright
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Halo - is it worth the cost?

Hi

could anyone who already has Halo, tell me is it worth the extra cost?

Sarah

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
sarahpwright
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Halo

Hi, I am looking at upgrading to Halo 1. Can tell me if your broadband is jumping up and down due to a major fault in the network, do BT switch on the 4g hub? Or do you have to be completely off?

Also how do you get to speak to someone to get it switched on when you call the fault number and it puts you through to a recorded announcement.

Thanks 

sarah

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Halo - is it worth the cost?

that is really only something you can decide  this is the benefits

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sarahpwright
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

While I know the decision is mine, I just wanted to have the opinion of anybody who already has it and has cause to use it.

sarah

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Different people will see the benefits differently.  I added Complete WiFi and have BT Mobile so data boost and fastest speed are valuable features.

I haven't yet renewed under the Halo price promise but that could be worthwhile unless I switch. 

Not sure about "dedicated UK and Ireland-based support" as a stated benefit - my understanding is that BT no longer runs overseas call centres so arguably this benefit is shared by all.

Finally, I was attracted by the keep connected promise in the event of a fault but troubled recently to read about problems with this in practice.  Unfortunately this thread stops before any resolution is recorded.

As @imjolly has said, you need to make your own judgement based in what's most important to you.  Some of the benefits are like insurance which you don't necessarily appreciate until you have cause to claim!

0 Ratings
Rodweiller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I am a Halo customer.

My internet was so bad on Sunday, I called BT and complained. 

"No problem, you're a Halo customer so we will send a Mini Hub out to you which you will get tomorrow (Monday) and we will switch on your back up broadband immediately so you won't be disconnected. 

My speeds from my smart hub are around 4-5mbps dl and 5mbps ul - (I normally get about 45mbps dl and 7mbps ul)

I have three wifi discs as I'm guaranteed wifi everywhere in my home but none of them work despite resetting them several times!

Well my Mini Hub arrived today (Tuesday) and having set it up correctly, I now get half the above speeds if that!

Yes BT have kept their promise as I'm still connected but as an addictive online gamer, I can't game.

With a family of four who love Netflix and Prime, we can't stream.

As a shielding key worker, working from home, I can't open all the programs I need simultaneously without timing out so will have to take leave or risk going to work.

With a daughter who is a self-employed in digital marketing, she's losing customers as she can't open multiple websites on her monitors simultaneously. 

Will I be renewing my BT Halo contract, I think there's more chance of my running the London Marathon, wearing banana skin soled trainers and carrying a Grand Piano on my back as I feel completely ripped off!

Dungiven
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Re: Halo

I have got my termination figure of £47.33 and i am off possibly to pastures new. Not been impressed with HALO package, was told today lowest price for halo package is £36.99, i honestly do not think it is worth it.I reported a fault last week, tried the mini hub, did not work, sim had been deactivated, phoned up but support closed ,(closes early now due to covid i was told) so no way of getting hub activated, surely this should be an automatic service once complaint /issue  logged.Straw that broke the camels back. Good luck whatever you decide but make sure you also have good EE coverage for mini hub to work.