cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rd5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Harassing call from rude BT collections department agent

I would like to make a complaint about harassment from BT Today at 4.29pm on my mobile i received a call from number 0800 028 5085

The man on the other end asked me to confirm my details which i did then went on to say there is a amount due on the account I said sure I will pay it off in full on Thursday 25/1/18 then basically he said I needed to clear it today for a discounted accounted amount which i told him thats fine but not until Thursday i was told no today i had to tell him that a few times and said why do you keep saying the same thing over as he will have to accept it will be paid on Thursday I had to tell him this 3-4 time in this call it will be paid in full Thursday which he would not accept at all then this is where he started to get a bit rude and told me you are the one repeating yourself as i had to tell him it will be paid on Thurday and its no point in him keeping repeating himself as it will not change the fact it's going to be paid in full Thursay,

I found the whole call a bit alarming and stressful and being spoke to rude was not good at all I have no issue with clearing the account on Thursay but deailing with customers like this is no good at all,

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Harassing call from rude BT collections department agent

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. 

Assuming that what you received was a genuine call from BT and not a scammer purporting to be from BT you can make a complaint as per this link

https://www.bt.com/help/home/complaints.html

0 Ratings
rd5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Yes it was a genuine call from BT

0 Ratings
rd5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

No help here for me i see agent responding to other people I will now complain to CEO office social media and OFCOM about this and when my contract is for renewal i will move to Virgin,

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Not sure if this helps:

https://www.tellows.co.uk/num/08000285085

Looks like a scam.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Can you elaborate on how you believe it was a genuine call?

I tend to agree that it was probably a scam call. BT do not, as far as I am aware, offer you a discount if you pay your account early nor do they insist that you do. If the account was over due or not paid, BT would restrict your service until such times as it was paid.

It sounds like the person on the line was trying to get your bank details and once he had them your bank account would have been cleared out.  

Zombie
Expert
Message 7 of 9

@gg30340 wrote:

Can you elaborate on how you believe it was a genuine call?

I tend to agree that it was probably a scam call. BT do not, as far as I am aware, offer you a discount if you pay your account early nor do they insist that you do. If the account was over due or not paid, BT would restrict your service until such times as it was paid.

It sounds like the person on the line was trying to get your bank details and once he had them your bank account would have been cleared out.  

Agreed, scammers calling every number until they get a hit. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
rd5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Could be a scam who knows that site is giving mixed reviews on that number some say its BT some say it is not, Just Lucky I did not give them my card details as i did not have my card on me at the time,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Unfortunately it is very easy for scammers to spoof telephone numbers in order to make them appear to be genuine numbers.

See link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

0 Ratings