cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Has Usage Monitor Problem Been Fixed

I have previosuly posted about the Usage Monitor showing as unavailble when using Chrome and otherds have had similar problems. This was moved to the Billing forum although my questionspecifically related to YouView.

If I use IE9 I can view the monitor and there is no reference to the YouView issue.

Capture2.JPG

Can someone confirm is the has now been fixed.

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Has Usage Monitor Problem Been Fixed

The monitor is still down and has been for sometime - ideally this thread should really be under another sub-forum and not under Youview

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Sorry to be pedantic but I posted this in YouView. as I did my previous question because if like me you have a limited broadband monthly allowance, mine is 10GB, it is important to know if YouView use is being incorrectly charged against the monthly allowance to avoid erroneous billing queries.

The original monitor page showed the issue with incorrect YouView "charging" but the new one, I can only access with IE9 does not.

The monitor is the only way at present to track spikes in overall usage. I have BitMeter but this only tracks my PC usage, not YouView.

0 Ratings
brightspark
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

My BT has not shown my broadband usage for some weeks, the latest access shows the following message;

The usage monitor is currently not available for a small number of customers. We understand how important it is to monitor usage, and as you're not able to view the usage monitor we will not charge you for going over your usage limit this month. You don't need to do anything, we'll take care of that.

0 Ratings
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

This is quite baffling.

On my netbook running Windows 7 and Chrome and my Toshiba using Chrome I get the same message i.e.

The usage monitor is currently not available for a small number of customers. We understand how important it is to monitor usage, and as you're not able to view the usage monitor we will not charge you for going over your usage limit this month. You don't need to do anything, we'll take care of that.

However, if I use IE9 on my Toshiba then the monitor displays correctly.

Be nice if someone from BT could explain just what is happening and especially how this could be affecting YouView users.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators posts made here do not go directly to BT  

0 Ratings
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

john46

I appreciate what you say however, at the risk of repeating myself, the suspect monitor is of major concern to BT YouView subscribers who, like me are on a limited monthly download, some of whom have been given the wrong information about YouView use showing in the monitor especially from the India Call Centres who do not seem to understand how YouView works.

It a simple enought process to monitor net activity going through a PC but it is not possible to track YouView usage as a separate item and the only way to detect if YouView is incorrectly logging against the monthly allowance is an unexplained increase in the monitor.

I don't know who made the decision to move my original post from the YouView forum and would point out that the monitor has been the subject of many posts over recent months on that forum.

Even if posts are not directly seen by BT the fact that they maintain the forum and that the moderators are connected with BT, presumably employees, I think they have a responsibility to make BT aware of the concerns of their customers.

This is NOT A BILLING ISSUE as far as I am concerned and IMHO posting in the YouView forum was correct for the reasons I stated earlier.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

like wise here there are many posts on the usage monitor here as the subject is more related to billing because of the risk of users going over limit
0 Ratings
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Thanks John, point noted.

Whatever the problems BT is having I hope they get it sorted quickly as this is the only method by which people can check their monthly use.

0 Ratings