cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NortyFinger
Message 1 of 8

Have I been led astray and lied to?

We decided to cancel our TV package reducing the bill as we just do not watch it, we are at the end of our previous contract.

Once we got past the whys & nots on the phone he tried selling us a mobile contract, living in a village the only a one bar signal just about is vodafone nothing else works. EE is zero zilch... 

We also can not get any faster speeds than 12mb so eventually moving past all his boring checks he agreed.

Then how is our wifi he asks telling me about this new Hub with disks giving everywhere complete wifi in the house. I was partially interested but I already have old routers as access points due to the previous BThub was useless.

Our landline is currently anytime calls and wanted to drop this also.

After all this he said he could reduce it from 56.99 to 47.99 the new contract will allow free calls of 1500mins to all UK mobile networks from our landline, my ears perked up and I asked "I will be able to call any UK mobile network from my landline for free?" He repeated yes but not to BT business. I certainly was not mistaken.. We'd already discussed the BT mobile option would not work...

That sold me so I signed up for it.

Then looking online I can not find any such landline tarriff with free calls to all UK mobile networks?

We don't need this BTplus & Hub for any reason other than that. the 4G option is no good we can't even get 3G here, nor these disks, any anti virus, not bothered about UK dedicated team or anything else the package offers other than his hard sell on the free mobile calls... Was he lying?

Any input would be appreciated

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Have I been led astray and lied to?

you should receive an email with your new package information and this should agree with what you think you agreed over the phone.  If it does not agree then you need to phone CS

a drop of £9 does not seem a lot after cancelling BTTV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

I believe the 1000 minutes of free calls to mobiles is only to BT mobile numbers. Any calls to other mobile operating companies would be charged at the current price. However as already mentioned check the email you received as it should list all the charges and benefits.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 8

Unless the T&Cs have changed again, your anytime calling package can be changed monthly.

Usual terms would be for calls to non BT mobiles at a reduced rate, and 1000 mins to BT mobiles / non business.

As already stated, check your confirmation email.

0 Ratings
NortyFinger
Message 5 of 8

The £9 was for an entertainment package that had been discounted by £3.50 on last contract renewal.

Thanks, I never thought to go through the emails usually to much gumph and he was not lying it states (screenshot below)

Inclusive calls to UK mobiles:  You can make free calls to mobile numbers from your landline.

The 1500mins may have been fair use policy, I'm yet to look at the T&C. 

As from worrying yesterday I'm quite pleased

email.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 8

Strange, but it's interesting.

I thought that your particular add-on for anytime calls and mobile calls, only applied to Business users:-       i.e. it's an add-on option to a Business plan.

0 Ratings
NortyFinger
Message 7 of 8

Probably why I was questioning it as could not find anything on the tarriffs, I'm a home user. Its there now for anyone to enquire about. £46.45 for Unlimited fibre broadband, complete wifi, Hub2 with disks, unlimited landline calls any day, free UK mobile... Its a great deal

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 8

Perhaps you should take the offer, after checking T&Cs?.....🙂

0 Ratings