cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bogbrush1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Have I just unwittingly signed up for another 12 months whilst downgrading?

So, In downgrading online I must admit I didn't read all the babble as downgrading is usually a simple process with most companies (first time BT user so perhaps I whould know better!). I immediately got texted and emailed about my "new order".

Came on here to find people mentioning new contracts, etc. I'm only a few months in, but I don't want to find I've signed up for longer than necessary.

but I also read this here:

just read this page here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/6401/a_id/53767

"If you're an existing BT Sport Pack customer on BT TV, or the BT Sport App and online player, you can downgrade to BT Sport Lite with no change to your broadband contract status." (my bold)

But when I click the link saying "Log in to manage your options" all I get offered is the £5 option or BT TV.

So which is it?

And if I've signed up for a new contract can I cancel (as is my right within 30(?) days) and then be free of BT?

I'm not keen on paying more money to only be able to watch matches on a phone or laptop - i might as well watch a  dodgy stream! If I could watch on TV through a smart tv app or xbox/ps3 or 4 (like sky do) then it wouldn't be a problem. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Have I just unwittingly signed up for another 12 months whilst downgrading?

Are you downgrading your broadband package or BTSport? If it was BTSport you will be downgraded to BTSport Lite and this does not start a new contract. The text/email you got is sent out anytime that you change anything on BT.

0 Ratings
Bogbrush1
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Broadband package to Sport Lite

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

You can't downgrade your Broadband & Calls package to BT Sport Lite. You can downgrade your current BT Sport pack to BT Sport Lite, if you see what I mean.

The BT Sport pack is going up in price, your Broadband & Calls package isn't changing.

What does the order confirmation say? Does it mention your Broadband & Calls package?
0 Ratings
Bogbrush1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

yes, I understand that.

Thaks fully the new order does not mention broadband and calls, but there are conflicting reports on here of people having to sign up for another 12 months when downgrading sports to sports lite online.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Surely BT would have to send you the details of any new broadband & calls contract. This is normally in the form of the order confirmation document. I believe they have to give you certain information in written form including info about your right to cancel.

If you want confirmation then phone BT and ask them if the broadband & calls will be put on a new contract with a new minimum term. It should be obvious to them what the order is changing.

Any new BT Sport contract (for the full or Lite package) will I think be on just a 1 month minimum term unless you are setting it up on Sky.
0 Ratings