cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PTF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Help, I've been slammed

I got home late last night to find the Internet not working. The Hub5 had an orange light and flashing red "b".

After diagnosis and calls, was told it needed a new router which would take 5 days to arrive.

This morning I borrowed another router and the same problem. Rang again, after almost an hour, discovered that my service had been "slammed". Given a case number and it will take 3 days......

Not happy, how hard can it be to fix? And even if it was on behalf of another provider, isn't it Openreach who make the mistake?????

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Help, I've been slammed

Openreach only act upon the instructions given to them by a service provider.

Do you know which service provider took over the line?

You should have got a "sorry you're leaving" letter from BT which should be automatically generated once an order is placed to move your service to a different ISP.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
PTF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

No, i don't know who has taken over the line. I don't recall a "Sorry you're leaving" letter but willl recheck post tonight.

0 Ratings
PTF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

No "sorry you're leaving" letter.

No phone call from BT either....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

No email? I find that very strange.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
PTF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Rang BT again earlier this afternoon. Apparently Cam (?) Team haven't picked up the problem yet. Someone will call me within 24 hours ... And i was told i don't need to worry. How nice, almost 4 days without connection. Aaaaaaggghhhh
0 Ratings
PTF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Monday 17th.

No call received. Rang BT around noon. They will call me within an hour.  

Around 2pm, went on Webchat, then the guy rang me, said he was my Case handler and gave me a new reference VOL013-xxxxxxx. After being on hold for a while, he came back to me and patched me through to the Customer Options Retention Team. They said there had been a cancellation request (they can't see who from) but the request was cancelled on 12th October. According to them there is no reason why the service isn't working.

The Case handler then went offline to the Tech team, came back after 15 mins and said this is now with the DI team, who will ring me within 48 hours….. End call at 15:15

So who are the DI team? are they a "looking into things" team or are they a "doing" team? 

Beginning to wonder if the service will be back by next week-end.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

@PTF1 I'm really sorry about the problems with your line. DI stands for data integrity, we need to escalate problems to this team when the information on your account doesn't match up with our suppliers systems. It's likely that the line still looks to be active on our side but the stop has went through with Openreach even though the take over request was cancelled. 

The DI team can get issues like this sorted but if you need any assistance please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

that would be the data integrity team
0 Ratings
PTF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Another 48 hours passes without being contacted so I call again.

BT's system and supplier's (BT Wholesale?) system say I have Broadband.

Line tested again, runs so far and then says the Broadband cct is not active.

So it is the DI team but apparently a different group within there. This group apparently pick up things within 2 hours and will call me back later today.

Ho hum

0 Ratings