cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Help Please!!!!!

Now, our story starts on Sunday when we took the decision to switch Broadband providers to a fixed wireless service. Living in the countryside we dont have the luxury of anything faster than ADSL on a non LLU exchange so our service tops out at 2mb if we are lucky. With 4 avid Xbox gamers in the house this isnt much fun.

Anyway, after a quick chat to the online help folks we found out our contract was due to end on the 23rd of October (one months time) so I called BT to give them the required 30 day notice to terminate our phone and broadband on this date.

The rather agressive sounding scottish gentleman wasnt keen on us leaving and tried to bad mouth our new choice of telephone provider in a somewhat unprofessional manner and tell us how we'd be paying over the odds for calls, despite me explaining the fact that we dont use the landline as we all have free minutes and we only have a landline as a formality with the broadband.

Some twenty minutes later the gentleman finished trying to talk us into sticking with them with a far more expensive package than the one we intend to switch to, and I asked him to confirm the services would remain active until the end of our contract. He said they would as this was the contracted date and so I hung up, happy in the fact I would have my fixed line broadband for another month until arrangements had been made to switch over.

Lo and behold, the next morning we awoke to find our services had been switched off and BT were demanding we signed up for another twelve months to have the service switched back on!

Numerous phonecalls to India led to us finally getting into a three way conversation with Kevin at the BT call centre in Liverpool and the gentleman in India, he had the same battle with India we had and said he was reporting the Agent for the way he was behaving, then offered us some hope and assured us the service would be restored promptly.

The following day we still had no service, another four or five phone calls to India before getting someone in the UK assuring us the service would be restored before Midnight yesterday.

And guess what, ITS STILL OFF!!!!

Now, i'm no legal expert, but surely this is breach of contract on BT's part. I am currently stuck at home with no Internet access, Kids that need to get online with homework and stuff I have to do online such as college work and banking, none of which can be done due to BT's incompetance.

My contract should run until October but you've switched me off "In Error" and insult me by demanding I sign up for another 12 months of substandard service to reactivate my services!!!!

I really hope someone reads this and can offer us a solution, or I shall be taking this to OFCOM as I am disgusted by the treatment we have recieved and the lack of interest by call centre staff.

I have used this forum to post in the past and found the staff helpful so this is my last port of call before I throw in the towel as I am at the end of my tether sitting on the phone on hold or trying to make the Indian staff understand my predicament!!!!!!!!!!

Yours A Very Unhappy Customer

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Help Please!!!!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.

Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

Please edit out your account number as its confidential.

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 9

Hi rob78,

Fill out the contact us form located in the about me section of my profile and we will take a look at this for you.
Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
rob78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Right, latest update.

Those charming folks in the Indian call centre last night updated me with the following :

1) My Connection would be turned back on next Tuesday (they don't seem to understand about college deadlines.)

2) My connection would be on for sure by Midnight last night (more lies.)

If they cant guarantee that the connection will be back on, why have they promised me that it would be back on by midnight every day this week? They should not be offering me an answer if they are not sure, telling me lies on a daily basis is really starting to get my goat!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

have you contacted ChristopherP as he has offered the mod teams help with your problem they will give you a single point of contact in the UK who will take personal ownership as well it also means you will not have to contact the help line
0 Ratings
rob78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I most certainly have, yet have still not recieved a response as of 3pm the following day.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

@rob78 wrote:

I most certainly have, yet have still not recieved a response as of 3pm the following day.

You should get a reply within 5 or 6 working days.

0 Ratings
rob78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Nice to see customer service is a priority on here as well as on the phone!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

you are in a queue of other customers waiting for mod asistance and the mods will get back to you when your email reaches top of inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings