Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisCcc
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Help and Advice with taking BT to a small claims court

Hi All,

I will try and keep this as short as possible, but here is my story.

I took out a BT contract in July and was guaranteed a minimum speed of 3mbps which would be ok for working from home. I also do alot of video conferencing. Currently getting about 1.2 mbps download speeds... On a good day. It consistently drops out and i cannot connect to the Internet. I have had new hubs posted to me and filters. I have had BT staff hang up on me on numerous occasions, i think thats due to the amount of notes that must be on my acocunt by now...

Since July i have documented evidence until now of excessively slow speeds below my minimum guaranteed speed, I have taken days off work for engineer visits that have not even bothered to turn up, i have been on the phone for hours on end and i mean an incredible amount of time talking to their technical team to try and resolve this (normally in India who seem to not have a clue and read a script on screen carrying out the SAME tests over and over, nothing has worked...

I have logged everytihng personally, this includes photos and screen shots of my download speeds from thier wholse sale website and others, conneted to the router via ethernet yet BT keep going over the same tests and delaying this in the hope that i just back down and deal with it.

I am at my wits end, I have had no choice but to cancel my contract and also end my tenancy contract on my flat in London to move to a better place with better speeds so i can do my day job. I have to pay my current landlord all the agency fees, check in fees, and inventory checks and also to an estate agent for the same to find me a new flat ASAP. I have now found a flat and will go with virgin who can deliver speeds of 300mbps. As you can see the costs are spiralling here but i have no choice, this has been going on for a long time and BT just keep stalling knowing they will hit me with a huge bill if i cancel. Total bullies...

They have now hit me with a bill, over £300 which i will contest. I feel i have collected ample evidence to do this, including recording all the calls i have made to them.

What a terrible service i have recieved. I want to take them to small claims court for loss of my time and to sue them for the whole case. Any advice would be greatly appreicated, if anyone has taken them to court please let me know.

But know this, I will launch my own social media campaign against them, I will tell my story on all the review websites, I will tell it on Twitter, instagram and Facebook, including taking out ads on facebook (I am aware this will cost but I dont care). It will cost them more than it will cost me. I am sick of the bullies out there, these large corporate companies holding you to a contract that they dont deliver on. And i will take them to court. I have already shown my info to a solicitor who is a no win no fee lawyer who is willing to take this on after seeing my evidence yesterday.

Any advice from anyone here who has sued BT would be very much appreciated, I do feel for others that are going through this, I will make it my life goal to loose BT as much custom as possible, they have messwed with the wrong guy here. Maybe one day they will get their £300 but they will loose alot more in the process...

Apologise if i sound angry in my wording, i am rather calm writing this but i think its important that people know my story.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help and Advice with taking BT to a small claims court

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help and Advice with taking BT to a small claims court

Hi @ChrisCcc and welcome.

I'm really sorry you've had so many problems with your account. I can appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you. I'll be happy to take a look at this and check if there is anything I can do to help. If that suits drop me over an email with your details and we'll take it from there. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings