cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Help with four missed full fibre installation dates. OpenReach promise dates but never attend

Hi,
I’m hoping someone can help me.

I placed an order for full fibre digital broadband and digital voice, as an existing BT landline customer on 7th July.
I was given an installation date of 23rd July. I waited in, nobody came. I contacted BT who got in touch with OpenReach, who said the installation would be done at the end of the week. Again, nobody came. I contacted BT who again contacted OpenReach to be told the installation would now take place at the end of the following week. Nobody came. I contacted BT again, I then received an email from BT that the OpenReach escalation team had booked an engineer to complete the external installation on 22nd August. Guess what - NOBODY CAME.

I am now at a loss as to what I can do next as I am going round in circles: I contact BT, they contact OpenReach who promise yet another installation date, which comes and goes and nobody turns up and so I contact BT, again, again, again. I’ve waited in four times for promised installation dates that have failed to happen.

I have had no internet provider since 23rd July when a BT guide told me to cancel my current service for the 23rd July installation, which never took place.

The mini-hub sent to me is no good as I cannot get a 4G signal here, so I don’t have a smartphone or mobile broadband or laptop. My talk and text mobile is very poor reception so I’m virtually cut off apart from my existing landline.

Can someone tell me what I need to do or least tell me what the delay is and how I get the services I ordered on 7th July. It will soon be September and nothing has happened.

Thank you to anyone who can help me. Please bear in mind I have no internet and rely on free wifi when I can find it.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Help with four missed full fibre installation dates. OpenReach promise dates but never attend

If you are an existing BT customer, are you saying you lost your previous BT broadband as a consequence of ordering FTTP ( full fibre ) or were you advised to cease that service before the full fibre service was installed ? 
Although it does happen , there is no reason for your old service to stop working if the full fibre service isn’t provided on time , if the order to cease the existing broadband is linked with the FTTP provision, unless of course your orders were never linked, and were separate , that would mean you ‘asked’ for the old service to be ceased on a specific date irrespective of  the success or failure of the full fibre service being installed.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Enter your address here , what does your survey return say  ? 

This one is for a fully ducted modern house , yours may differ , post the results for your address , it may give a clue to the ‘problem’ installing your full fibre service.

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Help with four missed full fibre installation dates. OpenReach promise dates but never attend

I had my landline with BT but my broadband was with plusnet. I was advised to contact plusnet to end my broadband service on 23rd July (the date I was given for the BT installation) by the BT Guide who took my order on 7th July for full fibre (BT broadband plus digital voice)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @KevF 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience with the engineer visits. I realise that you've already spoken to our broadband team, but I recommend calling again so that they can check your account and look into why this keeps happening.

Please keep us posted with what happens.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I spoke again to BT on 22nd August They told me notes on the file/ order which came from the Openreach escalation team said that they were struggling to complete the work because of engineer shortages and that there would be updates to the situation by close of play on 23rd August. I understand that situation but it's been a month now since the first installation date was missed which means these engineer shortages look to be long-term issues. It would have been helpful and less frustrating to have been told this a month ago instead of keep promising installation dates which clearly could not be met. Anyway, I'm due to be contacted with an update later today (23rd August) so I will post with any further information as soon as that happens.

0 Ratings