cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frances2
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Help - wrongly charged for engineer's visit in September. Fake phone call. Fake equipment order.

Hello, 

I am at my wits end about the following.

In September we had an engineer visit as our broadband stopped working.  He replaced our hub, saying it was faulty - and said there was nothing in our equipement or property that had contributed to the fault and there was no reasone that we would be charged.

Then, in our most recent bill (21 Nov) I found that we have been charged £129.99 for 'improvements'.  I called BT to complain about this on 26th November, after a long phonecall I was promised that someone would call me back within 24hours - the operative made a big deal about us having to agree that if problems was with our equipment then we would be charged, but this was not the case - only the hub was replaced.

I called the next day (27th Nov) and was told that someone would phone in the next 2 hours.  They did not.  So I phoned again and was told that someone had called and talked to me already - they had not - and that I had ordered a new hub - I had not. I was astonished and really concerned.  I was put on hold a lot during this call and the operative was agressive.  Eventually he said that he would cancel the order for the hub and that the complaints team would call me - that he had schedulled a call for the next 2 hours.  No one called me back.

Today - even more concerned I contacted customer care and was told that all the complaints I had made were closed and that I had 'consented' for this to happen.  I had not.  I was told that the order for equipement was cancelled. But just now i have received an email saying that it is on it's way and will be here tomorrow.

I am furious, confused and extremely worried;

1 about the over charge that has been taken off my bank account already and wrongly

2 about BT saying that I had spoken to them yesterday and ordered a new hub - when I had not.

3 that I will be charged even more for this new equipement which we do not need as the hub was replaced when the engineer visited in September

4 about BT saying that I had consented to having these cases closed - when I had not

We have been given the run around by the call centre staff - this is appalling service and worse - the lies about phonecalls and ordering of equipment is just astonishing.  I am furious!

Can anyone help with this?  I have been a customer since 2001 - I now dread any communications with the company.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Help - wrongly charged for engineer's visit in September. Fake phone call. Fake equipment order.

See if a mod can help you. They will post a link here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Re: Help - wrongly charged for engineer's visit in September. Fake phone call. Fake equipment order.

Hi @Frances2,

Welcome to the community forum. Having read your post, I'm sorry your complaint has been so badly handled. I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint and help put things right.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Frances2
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Thank you

0 Ratings
Frances2
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Thank you for taking time to read and get back to me PaddyB - I have done as you said and sent the details on.

I think the equipement we did not order is arriving today, it does not need to be signed for so I can't really stop the delivery.  I am increasingly worried about this and the £129.99 charge that has been taken from my account this week - but can't face calling the helpline again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

the mods will help you sort it out but due to the queue of other requests it may take 3/5 days for mods to get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Frances2
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Hello - thank you very much for reading about our problems with BT an replying. The moderator PaddyB was in touch and had me fill in a contact form, and I have had an email and a case reference number via email - saying that the moderators will be in touch within 48 hours.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

I realised that but that is a standard reply and at present it is taking slightly longer due to number or people in queue before you looking for assistance  mods will get back to you just may be longer than 48hrs

Frances2
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

thank you - will be patient
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Frances2

I picked up your case today and I tried calling you back to acknowledge receipt of your details.

I can see that you've spoken with my colleague through the voice channel and everything has been sorted out now.  Can you reply back to let me know if you're happy for me to go ahead and close your complaint?

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings