Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FTT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Home Essentials FTTP for present FTTP customer

Go to solution

Hi 🙂

I already have BT's FTTP (100MBPS) very happy with it but I was wondering if I'm in contract can I move to Home Essentials and would the FTTP remain intact?

The HE page shows I'd get 76MBPS which would be fine.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Essentials FTTP for present FTTP customer

Go to solution

Home Essential is a Fibre product and with FTTP being live, chances are FTTC is no longer available.
If you qualify for HE then get in touch with sales to process the change, you'll see the drop in speed but you're aware of that already, the contract duration won't stop you from changing the tarriff.

FTT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply much appreciated.

I gave the online page a go: https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials 

All seems to have went through OK showing activation tomorow so I assume everything will be automatic:

bt.PNG

Massive saving for me if it all works.

My previous BT FTTP was their old 100MBPS (with Digital Voice) which has been amazing but a bit over the top on speeds really so 76MBPS will be perfect.

I wonder if the old 60 minute rule apples still with calls where you have to hang up and redial?

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@FTTwrote:

I wonder if the old 60 minute rule apples still with calls where you have to hang up and redial?

Not anymore, the new plans have no 1 hour limit, also calls to UK mobiles are now inclusive.

FTT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks again.

That's all up and running this morning account has been updated.

Seeing 74MBPS is a bit of a shocker after 150MBPS (at the minimum even though it was a 100MBPS contract) but that's more than enough.

Great service from BT.

0 Ratings