cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chudofbroady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Home Essentials

Just signed up to this service and BT are sending me the super hub 2 and phone.

I already have an ONT fitted which I informed them of.

However on looking at the order process it says an engineer is visiting me on 9th July, what for? I am all ready to go it should be just plug and play now when the super hub arrives.

Confused 😞

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
NeilO
Message 2 of 15

Re: Home Essentials

Hi @chudofbroady welcome to the community and thanks for posting, has there been an active FTTP broadband service in your home before? The ONT may already be in place but it may need to be activated by an engineer visit. 

As part of the order process, your address records are checked with Openreach and if an appointment is needed our order system will let us know if it's required or not.

Thanks

Neil

chudofbroady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

hi neil

thank you for your reply.

I have had an ont fitted by openreach and they set it all up ready to work.

they told me I would simply plug in my super hub 2 and it would be live.

bt want to send me an engineer but I don't want or need one!

looks like they don't know what they are doing. when searching other isps on the net my ont serial number shows up and they told me they can get me connected in 2 days max. bt now say 9th July but the salesman Dillon told me it would be ready to work as soon as I plug it in. someone at bt doesn't know what they are doing. I might just cancel if I'm going to encounter this sort of customer service. very disappointed so far. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 15

Hi @chudofbroady I'm sorry you feel that way. It's not BT who decide if an appointment is needed it's the network provider Openreach, however, we'll be happy to take a look at your order if you send over your details.  

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team. You'll find the message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

chudofbroady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Thank you Neil for all your help.

I also have problems with my contract details as well.

I was told by Dillon I would get 1,000 FREE minutes of calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers per month but the contract BT have sent me does not include this?

Also I was told this Home Essentials package was for a 12 month period and I was FREE to leave at any time giving BT 30 days notice and NO CHARGES would apply. Again this was not in the contract.

I appreciate this is a new package but somebody at BT needs to update the wording of the contract to include these two items.

I did speak to a lady at BT a few moments ago who said she would look into this for me tomorrow and I asked her to e-mail or text me the outcome of her listening to the voice call I had with Dillon where he offered me the above. I have just received a text message saying BT will CALL me tomorrow I do not want a call we agreed on an answer by text or e-mail.

My nightmare with BT customer service has begun.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 6 of 15

@chudofbroadywrote:

I was told by Dillon I would get 1,000 FREE minutes of calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers per month but the contract BT have sent me does not include this?

Dillon was correct, your order confirmation will link to the BT terms and conditions along with the tariff guide, it states the following :

Calls to 0845 & 0870 Numbers - Fair Usage Policy applies: Maximum 1000 minutes or 150 calls a month. If either of these limits on inclusive calls is exceeded, BT will charge for these calls until further notice.

@chudofbroadywrote:

Also I was told this Home Essentials package was for a 12 month period and I was FREE to leave at any time giving BT 30 days notice and NO CHARGES would apply. Again this was not in the contract.

Dillon was correct with this as well, BT Home Essentials :

12 month contract
No early exit fees, so you’re not tied in if your circumstances change.

You can read the terms and conditions at https://www.bt.com/legalstuff
You can see the tariff guide at www.bt.com/tariffguide 

chudofbroady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Hi Richie

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad you have confirmed I didn't miss hear what Dillon said to me.

However the contract BT sent me does not mention these in it and the BT lady I spoke to earlier was completely clueless, she kept banging on about only being able to leave in the first 14 days!

The Home Essentials package is for people on various state benefits who have to manage their money carefully and with that in mind BT allow customers on this tariff to leave giving 30 days notice for FREE.

The links you have kindly provided lead me to documents with hundreds of pages, would you be kind enough to tell me which page I need to refer to for both of your answers?

I will await her response tomorrow, see if she has found out what Dillon already knows.

Take care and stay safe.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 8 of 15

@chudofbroadywrote:

However the contract BT sent me does not mention these in it and the BT lady I spoke to earlier was completely clueless, she kept banging on about only being able to leave in the first 14 days!

All broadband and calls packages come with a minimum 24 month term, the exception is BT Basic and the new Home Essentials plan, which can be cancelled penalty free by giving 30 days notice or switching to another provider.

@chudofbroadywrote:

The links you have kindly provided lead me to documents with hundreds of pages, would you be kind enough to tell me which page I need to refer to for both of your answers?

The no early termination fee is stated on the landing page for Home Essentials which states :
Untitled.png

The calls to 0845 and 0870 can be found on page 27 of the tariff guide I linked in my previous reply, it's under the section for 'Call Packages & Charges'

I hope that clears up any doubts 🙂

chudofbroady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Richie

Thank you for your very kind help and expert knowledge, much appreciated.😀

Shame Daniella at BT on the fibre broadband team 0800-587-4787 didn't have a clue about these terms or where they could be found.

Have a great night and stay safe.

cheers

0 Ratings
chudofbroady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

So I collected the super hub 2 today and plugged it into the ONT and its just displaying a solid orange light.

A chap called Mark from customer service said my order had been cancelled and they were working on a new one and to disconnect the super hub 2 for now.

I think the problem was either BT or Openreach ran a test on my line but my ONT was not plugged in at the time and BT then thought I needed an engineer as I had a fault.

Got the ONT plugged in now anyway so any future tests should be able to establish a connection and get me up and running, fingers crossed.

No doubt I will be paying from the original date of the contract even though I have no fttp 😞

0 Ratings