Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kah22
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Home Hub 6 - Are there issues

My contract has run out so I’m looking at BT and a few other ISP-s. I’m not interested in Fiber as this is just for myself and personal use. I’m not a gamer,  my use is basically: surfing, emails, YouTube and Netflix.i have a BT landline their mobile signal is poor in my area.

BT does seem expensive when compared to a number of other suppliers eg BT seem to be offering: Unlimited broadband with an average speed of 10Mb at £25 while another well knowing supplier are offering a similar package at £19 with a £75 gift card and a less known one are  offering a similar package at £15.90 (who do the PO piggy back on, I’ve never reallys heard them mentioned before!)

If I did decide to stay with BT what would I get for that extra £5 / £9.  I would also be looking to get something from them, eg a new Home Hub but I’ve been reading that there appears to be some issues here. However the posts I’ve read seem to date back to 2018.  Do these issues remain.

I’d appreciate your comments and advice and as alway thanks for your time

Kevin

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Hub 6 - Are there issues

If you are already a BT Broadband customer, and outside any minimum term commitment , presumably there would be an ‘offer’ in your on line account to stay with BT ( obviously as a re-contracting customer ) or you could call BT and negotiate a new deal , again in return for a new minimum term.

Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

To answer your question about the HomeHub 6, I’ve had both the original SmartHub (aka HomeHub 6) and now the SmartHub 2 and have had no problems with either. The only real difference I’ve seen between the two is that you can’t split the 2.4/5.0Ghz networks on the SH2 as it is designed to work with BT Complete WiFi Discs. In my experience both hubs work perfectly well and offer decent WiFi coverage. 

Message 4 of 7

Hi @kah22  and thanks for posting.

As @iniltous  has mentioned if you're out of contract you should see some recontract offers on your MyBT. If those don't suit your best bet would be to contact the value team who will be able to take a look at your account and find something more suited to your needs.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Try phoning options team 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate. If you don't like the offer don't take it. Then try phoning again in a day or so and get a different person and maybe better deal

if you are staying on adsl I would stick with hh4/5 which work well on adsl. The hh6/sh2 better on vdsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
kah22
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Is Value Team the same as Retentions ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@kah22 wrote:

Is Value Team the same as Retentions ?

@kah22  Yes they are Smiley Happy

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings