Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mully1999
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Home Move 2 Weeks without service?

Hi,

I rang to move our services to a new address effective 15th July 2015 phone,TV and BB. I was told our existing services would be cancelled on that day and our new new ones activated in the new property on the same.

However after my call yesterday my services have all been cancelled in my existing property and after several calls this morning I have been told that this is standard and I will have a 2 week break in service. The only other option they can offer me is to cancel the current order and push out the service activation in the new property to a later date so that I have services in my current property now?

This does not seem right to me? can anyone confirm. The fact that both my wife and I work from home in evenings and a number of days a week means this is costing us money as well as time on the phone.

Any insight or feedback is appreciated.
N
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Move 2 Weeks without service?

I think you normally have to give 30 days notice for a move, which is possibly why you were disconnected right away.

If your move is delayed, then BT can alter the provisioning date.

It takes about two weeks from the date of an order, to provide phone and broadband services, so plenty of notice is needed.

If its a new build, it can take much longer that that.

I assume that this is a residential account, and not a business account, as its a bit confusing when you say you will be losing money?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi mully1999,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

Sorry that the services at your current address were disconnected earlier than you requested.  This shouldn't have happened.

Send over your details and I'll see what can be done.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mully1999
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Robbie I have forwarded u details. I could not get my account number as it is packed away for moving and for some reason I am unable to log into my BT account from my mobile.
0 Ratings