Think I've hit the perfect storm with BT and Openreach. Was moving into a new (to us) house on the 22nd May. Both old and new house were on BT Broadband, so just went for the home move, what could be simpler. Logged on to my BT early enough (probably ordered on the 14th) to select the 22nd May from the menu. Happy bunny and thought all was OK, until a text from Apurva, that "my order didn't progress so we had to cancel the order so that WE can re-issue once again. So we will update you on 15/05/2018, once the order is placed."
Queried why the order was cancelled and told that it was because "cancelled by the supplier as we are unable to take-over the existing line present in the property. The current provider of the existing line of the user didn't authorize us to take over the line. I would request you to speak to the current provider or the user of the existing line, so that we can take-over the line." Thanks Soumyadeep again via text.
So they are the provider for us and the house seller, so spoke to the present occupants and they duly released the line.
No contact from BT on 15/5, and I forgot to check, no order re-issue on the 16th when I eventually checked, so I put in a new one, alas the connection date was going to be the 24th May. No great issue, the house had BT before and would have it with us. Sounds to easy and it was.
Waited all day 24th, no connection, it does tell you anytime within the 24 hours of the day, but by 1830, knew nothing would happen and queried BT. Also looked on MyBT and the order was "taking longer than expected." Chap on the BT (0800 111 4587) was wait till midnight, see what happens.
Up bright and early on the 23rd, checked no connection, waited till 1030 hoping the magic would work - nothing, went through various people on the above 0800 number, finally someone chased with service provider (they don't say Openreach, and make it sound like it's nothing to do with BT, unfortunately until they split they are still the same company, doesn't matter how they word it). Told that there would be an update (NOT a service) on Monday 28th because work had to be carried out at the exchange and they would contact me. I'm out of the country and they won't phone foreign numbers apparently, it was my mobile they were going to call but in Holland. That was 20 minutes I'll never get back, asked to speak to complaints and was told I was speaking to complaints. They now have my son as contact for the call that in all likelihood won't happen on Monday, providing I leave him all the details. My 19 year old son had burned off all his data on his BT mobile plan during his wifi-less three days and asked complaints to at least give him unlimited data until the problem was resolved. Not interested, told to go and find a wifi hotspot.
Awaiting Mondays developments, and resolution if there ever will be one.
Monday working broadband for previous owner, by Thursday work required at the exchange to get the same service back the the house.
So how can they give you a connection date, and be so far off the mark, as it requires work at the exchange, surely they must know how many people they can connect. Needless to say the phone line is working fine (but who uses a landline except for broadband these days), just need the broadband put on it, like it was 72hours previously. If they'd done the change on the 22nd then it might, just might have been seemless.
Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!
I'm sorry you have had so many problems moving your services to your new address. Your post doesn't make great reading to be perfectly honest I can definitely see your reasons for being frustrated.
You can send us over your details and we'll help you get connected. Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.
You have my details, nothing will ever change my opinion of BT after getting what looked like the simplest tasks completely wrong.
Thanks for posting back!
I have checked our email queue and we have received your details. We deal with cases strictly in turn as we receive them to ensure a fair approach for everyone. Rest assured, as soon as you reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will be in touch to help out.
So no phone call Monday, as expected given it was a bank holiday. First thing Tuesday morning got a call from the Openreach Engineer who'd been allocated the job, he was in Leicester but would be across in my area later in the morning to connect the line. He was a bit surprised to get a foreign ring, but I had told BT I was away and that they were supposed to be dealing with my son. He said expect a 15minute break in the line while everything was connected up, and he'd call the landline to let them know the woprk was complete. That was perfectly fine by me. 30 minutes later a call from home, with a message left on the landline number from the Openreach engineer - couldn't connect the line as they had been allocated the wrong "trunk" and that cabinet was nowhere near my street. He had to send the problem back to trunks to re-allocate to the correct cabinet. The saga continues......................