cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 19

Re: Home Move - Broadband Connection

Hi @alancham,

Thank you for taking my call today. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry that your order has been delayed. I've followed up with our suppliers and unfortunately the routing for the line is incorrect. The suppliers are working on this and expect to have an update on the 1st of June.

I can see that there is an open complaint with our Connection Team. That team is due to follow up with you again on the 1st. If for any reason you don't receive the call back on the 1st, please post back and I'll pick up the complaint on your behalf.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

It’s all terribly depressing. Thursday decided that progress was slow to non-existent, so emailed both CEO of BT and Openreach. Know the addresses you find on the web are just generic fob off and handled by other employees in customer care and never seen by the person you are trying to contact. Got a response for both, Openreach just fell by the wayside, BT seemed more proactive. I’ll call my contact LR and was quite busy attempting to sort things. Thought she would have known better, nevertheless you can’t beat a bit of youthful enthusiasm. We were now Executive Level Complaints, something must happen with 24 hours for sure!

Friday, we already had a booking for an investigation, now elevated by our new friend in ELC things will happen and they did. Engineer from Openreach was at the house Friday afternoon, apologising for the problems and we had been allocated a “trunk” incorrectly, it was on a cabinet in the wrong street. Did we not know this already from Mondays attempt. So in reality no further on than we were on Monday. He could do nothing until the correct allocation was made. Order had to be cancelled and re-issued. LR stepped in at this point, alas a bit late, my wife took a call from an Indian call centre, wanting to cancel our landline (yes landline) and broadband order. Fortunately my wife was well aware of the comedy of errors and queried if there were any notes with our account/order that showed the level of complaint we had reached. The caller hung up. As soon as I was told LR was in formed, and said she would sort the re-order and deal directly with Openreach.   Suggestion was 6th June for connection.

BT are part of owners of EE, suggested BT give us a 4G router to make up for the lack of service, that fell on deaf ears, possibly because the operation isn’t joined up enough to use this as a get out of jail card when BT are failing customers very badly on the broadband front. Re-iterated my sons lack of data, due to lack of wifi, finally a response, he managed to get an immediate upgrade on his BT mobile to 4GB per month at no extra cost. At least he was would be happy for the foreseeable future (well two weeks until the data runs out because we have no bb at home and these youngsters need to be connected 24/7)

Monday came and went, Tuesday got very excited LR had received notification that our services were connected. Yet again I’m abroad, WhatsApp the family, saying all would be working at home when they get in from work.

Router still cycling through the search for broadband, I’d raised hopes unnecessarily, I’m telling myself somebody said the 6th, it was only the 5th. LR is now on leave until the 11th but checking emails.

Will tomorrow give us the broadband that they thought was working today the 5th, we can only live in hope.

I’m almost on the point of selling my BT shares.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Latest twist in the land of confusion. Got a new chap from ELC as original LR was off on leave. He was well aware of what was going on, NOT but decided to introduce his own next level of confusion. Tried to tell me that it looked like they (BT or Openreach, don't care) had been trying to connect the broadband to my old house, Told him that was NOT the case as we'd had an Openreach engineer round at our house and Friday and he knew exactly waht was going on and knew how to fix it.  He told me the address that they were trying to connect to and that was the one the previous occupants had moved to, had to Google it and it appears to be approximately the right area for them. they'll now probably completely lose their phone and broadband, an ever growing group.

Back to square one, no date for connection, but was told that I had reached the top level of complaining. Thought we were close Friday, seems like a remote chance we might get it before Christmas.

Good news is that as my order for the Home Move has gone from being delayed, to successfully actovated on the 24th May, I'm now going to be billed for a service that doesn't exist. Yet another thing for them to sort out.

I need more readers, might have a look at going global.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

So this afternoon, we have a new order, connection date for the broadband is 14th June (pathetic), order generated by BT. Not sure if this happened because I wrote to the fake BT & Openreach CEOs email addresses, or because of an email to LR (on holiday), or the chap yesterday  getting to grips with the problem. As I am now clearly at the top of all time pina (pain in the ars*) list they say they will get the date brought forward. Tomorrow (Friday 8th) wouldn't be soon enough. Can't quite get why it wasn't generated last Friday 1st June. Maybe just to frustrate me.

Think this is order number four and unless someone gets across this early the same mistakes of the last three will be repeated.

I suggest that BT and Openreach take this as a case study when training their customer facing workers and see if they can work out how to get broadband to a house that had it, then didn't.

More to follow in the BT & Openreach Comedy of Errors.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

New man on the case from Executive Level Complaints and taking situation very seriously, now calling him P3M. Openreach Engineer is coming from the Liecester exchange to sort. My son Rory is at home, so contact details given and he'll be contacted. Communication is very good, call from Openreach engineer, to explain that he's on the way and had work to do t the exchange and the house (still confuses me, what needed to be done?) Arrived at the house, we ended up with a new master socket, and seemed to test all the way from the exchange OK. Back to the exchange for some more work, back to house. Apparently we've got broadband on the line, but our BT Hub5 wouldn't connect, various investigations carried out, Hub doesn't seem to be enabled until the 20th June. Now BT Wholesale will have to do something to enable, but only once Openreach have confirmed the new service/line is installed.

P3M  has also ordered a Home Hub6, which should be with us either tomorrow, Saturday or Monday as cover just in case our hub is faulty. Our existing Hub 5 so should work, once enabled, so it's still connected to the new socket, cycling it's way through it's "I'm looking for broadband" like it has done for the last two weeks. Hub 5 has had a reset, so we're back on the BT wifi network and password. I'll change that to something sensible so it's easy for anybody in the family to get on it.

Still no internet connection, but we're told it's on the line in to the house. Progress but the result at the end of the day is NO internet access. 

Could connect this evening or over the weekend, not sure if I hold out any hope, BT don't do weekends particularly well, amongst most other things.

The saga continues, stay tuned.......

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Arrived back home Saturday evening, family were trying to get onto the wifi, after the router was reset by the Openeach engineer and the Wifi SSID was as default, but would not take password from any device, hub was cycling through the search for broadband like it had been for the last two weeks. Tried to log in on a cable, made contact lost contact, made contact and lost, various times so couldn’t really interrogate.

Did spot it kept going back to our old home network name at times which suggested the reset by the Openreach engineer hadn't completely worked.  Did a couple of factory resets, kept doing the same thing. Finally did a factory reset, and as the light flashed to say it was done, ditched the power, left off for 20seconds and re-powered. All came good, no traces of the last home network, could communicate with hub software and went straight onto login to broadband. Just as well I know alittle bit about the hub software, to guess it hadn’t correctly returned to factory defaults

All good since then.

Did get a bill on Saturday evening with the wrong home address, not sure where this came from or who inputted the data for it. I’ve now changed this to the correct address. Hopefully no more confusion on that front.

So we've reached the end of the this unbelievable saga, wonder how many hours I've spent on it, the time BT & Openreach have spent for soemthing that should have been very simple to implement in the first place. I've doggedly stuck at the task of getting this to work, I work form home but fortunately have been away the last couple of weeks. Family need it. As far as my opinion of BT & Openreach are concerned, very poor, pass jobs to India to implement and that's where it goes very badly wrong. Should be a full investigation into how, when and where it all went pearshaped. Alas we all learn from our mistakes, BT & Openreach will make know effort to find the culprits and re-train them. This would make a great case study for potential customer facing roles.

Suspect that all those involved will move onto their next irate customer, no lessons learned. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

It's not over till the fat lady sings, and she's a bit away from singing, but hopefully heading towards the stage.

Broadband and phone still operational, received some emails about activating my new BT account. My old, existing BT account seemed to be showing the current state of play, so decided not to bother with the latest piece of BT craziness. Oh what a fool I am. LR from ELC back on the case and made me a deal yesterday (Tuesday) about new back up facilities in case bb goes down, son gets 8GB on his phone, goes unlimited if the bb fails. All at no extra cost. seemed a eal and thought that was end of the matter.

Lost my mobile in the house today, so gave it a quick ring from the landline, didn't come up as the home number but some other number I'd never seen before.  Decided to alert LR to the problem, looks like the new account was set up to fool the system, and also the install on Friday was a workaround, as the computer system stopped a proper repair being done on my existing number. All very time consuming and labour intensive. I now have to adopt the new account, landline number, all the extras have now been removed, the unlimited bb I did have(at ghe old houe( has capped out at 50GB (after 3-4 days) and I now owe BT for data. Fine Home Move service this has turned out to be.

Now set up a direct debit for my new account, wonder what's going to go wrong with that???

The old account is being ceased, hopefully connection for phone and broadband will remain, couldn't face this again. All the deals offered by LR are now not on the new account, surely time for re-negotiation.

One last aside, the Openreach re-wire of the master socket has lead to the extension socket in the kitchen being disconnected, we've DECT phones so we at least have a work round. Answering machine is in a less convenient place.

Hoping to end this on Friday.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Thought things had settled down, BT closed my on going comedy of errors. or case as they called it.

Checked my bill tonight, the new hub that BT decided to send me cost me £7.95, they .are a complete bunch of clowns,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 19 of 19

@alancham

Maybe it's time to take advantage of the offer @PaddyB made back on the 29/05 to get involved if it hadn't been sorted. 

I got help several times from the Moderator team, who are based here in the UK.  They are nothing short of amazing. 

My advice, ask them to intervene and assist.  

They should (I hope) be able to get the old number back, and sort out any of the offers you were made. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings