cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markah67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Home Move Equipment Questions?

I have just moved home to a property that doesn't have a working phone line. In my old house I had Infinity 2 and I've ordered Infinity 1 (at BT's recommendation due to available speeds at the new address) on a new 12 month contract.

According to my order when I check it online it says they are sending me a BT Home Hub 6 (is this the "Smart Hub"?). What I've received today is a broadband filter and a cable!! Is this right (I really suspect not!)? What exactly should I be receiving?

I have paid £130 for the BT Engineer to come out on Thursday and get my broadband up and running. Won't he be installing a master socket/faceplate that is already filtered so I don't need additional filters (as was done when I first took fibre broadband with BT in my old house)? 

Regards,

Mark

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Move Equipments Questions?

Infinity is self install. If you have an existing master socket like this

nte.jpg

then it will not get changed, you just use the supplied microfilter with your old home hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
markah67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Ok fair enough - but why does my order say I'm getting a Home Hub 6 and what will the engineer be doing that needs me to be in and give him access to the house if it's just self-install?
0 Ratings
markah67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Also, can I expect the engineer to move the master socket to a better place for me for my £130?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@markah67 wrote:

Also, can I expect the engineer to move the master socket to a better place for me for my £130?

They may do, provided it can be done easily within an hour.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@markah67 wrote:
Ok fair enough - but why does my order say I'm getting a Home Hub 6 and what will the engineer be doing that needs me to be in and give him access to the house if it's just self-install?

If its a new install, especially if its overhead, they will probably want to check dial tone at the NTE.

0 Ratings