cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khoskin
Message 1 of 4

Home Move Help!

I have just had my first year with BT Broadband and can't fault it. My contract was up for renewal in January but I was apprehensive to sign up to another year as I knew I would be moving house. The customer service agent 'checked' my new property and assured me there would be no charge to move. So I signed up for another 12 months. 

I have just called to arrange my house move and been informed I'll be charged £130! I explained the above and was told I had no choice but to pay it or buy myself out of my contract for over £250!!!! Utterly appalling. 

Can anyone help or advise if there is anyway around this? 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Move Help!

Hi @khoskin and welcome.

I'm sorry for any confusion with the home move order. It sounds like a new line needs to be connected at the new address which would account for the £130 charge but I can double check that for you if you wish. Can you drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
khoskin
Message 3 of 4

Thank you @DavidM 

I have sent an email and look forward to hearing from you. 

I'm sure you'll agree being conned into a contract is downright disgusting and could really do with being sorted as a matter of urgency. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

0 Ratings