cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 29

Re: Home Move..... or lack thereof!!

Good Morning @PaddyB, have you had any luck with Openreach about arranging a saturday appointment? Their call centre did call me late Friday but their attitude was awful so i ended up hanging up on them.

The speed still hasn't broken the 20-30mb cap we have been experiencing. but the connection seems to have been stable (it suggests it may have disconnected at the weekend at some point but i think i was out when that happened.

I also have a couple of account based queries that I hope you would be able to assist with, so if you could give me a call when you are able that would be great.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
deathaxe
Expert
Message 22 of 29

As suggested the line management at the cabinet are very slow at increasing your speed.

It has been eight weeks since I had my internal wiring fixed by a telecoms engineer and today my line profile was raised by 2 meg.

The line management system s quick to drop your speed but it takes months to give it back.

I now have my openreach fibre modem connected to my UPS so there is no change of a disconnect 

To find out your line profile go to

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

and after the speed test results come up hit the "further diagnostics" button to see your speed profile.

0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 29

my profile is currently limited to 32.61 meg a second.

its enfuriating really, we have an engineer booked for the 26th, but given the last one didn't show i'm not optimistic.

the worst thing for me is that the speed i can tolerate until it sorts itself out, but the fact i will have paid for 3 months broadband by the time that happens, and i have never had the speeds i am paying for.

hopefully i will get those months refunded......

0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 24 of 29

As Openreach is coming they should after fixing everything be able to reset the DLM and let it find it's feet again.

When he is there just ask him nicely to do it.

Mine wasn't done as my problem was with internal wiring (which is my problem not OR) and so I had to get an ex-BT private contracror to sort it out and that is why my line profile wasn't reset.

0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 29

I will ask them nicely.... if they bother to show up this time.

0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 29

good afternoon @PaddyB

wonder if you could answer 2 things.

1 - can you confirm that the engineer is still booked for 8am-1pm on friday

2 - will he carry spare modems/hubs etc?

the reason I ask question 2 is that the wife has reported that our hub at home has stopped working this afternoon. I have got her to reset/reboot everything, swapped cables, and although the modem is showing connected, the hub is red so we have no internets. we have had a number of wireless drops over the past week, so i wouldn't be entirely suprised if it has packed up already.

i just want to be sure that the engineer is coming friday and make sure he will be able to cover all eventualities because i don't want to be in a position where I have to take more time off to sort this issue given how long it has already been going on.

cheers.

0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 29

@NeilO and @PaddyB once again BT have decided to mess me about, would someone please be able to contact me! i now all of a sudden have charge for £130 a week after my faulty router was replaced?? why am I being charged? this is not acceptable after the piles and piles of **bleep** I have had to put up with from BT for the past 6 months!
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Hi @robslusar and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you've been charged for the engineer visit. Did you get this sorted? 

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 29

David i have just been on the phone to someone who is going to sort out, as they had missed a note on the account which @PaddyB had left previously (the guy really is a legend) sadly, i've taken as much as i can handle from BT and will not be renewing my contract as a result of this.
0 Ratings