Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Paul_Y
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Home Move - why so long to connect?

Go to solution

Hi,

So i applied for a home move, and was told that there wasn't an active phone line in the new address so i had to wait for an engineer, who would take two and a half weeks. Fine, makes sense.

The next day BT email me and say, actually there is a working phone line, so you don't need an engineeer. But they can't make the switch any earlier than the date the engineer was coming.... makes no sense. I dont need equipment or a line, so why can't they switch quicker?

Really interested to know, and if there is a way round this? I've tried calling them and they say they don't know why but i can't make it shorter. (also, the live chat is literally beyond useless, they kept hanging up and requeuing me randomly).

Really frustrating when I could cancel BT and sign up with a new provider in less time...

(apologies if this is the wrong place to post)

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Move - why so long to connect?

Go to solution

It is openreach who are responsible for getting you connected and as they work for all ISPs apart from cable you would just get next available time slot with another provider which is probably going to further away then your existing time

your ISP BT Retail do not get any preferential treatment even though openreach are a BT Group company - OFCOM ruling

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Paul_Y
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Ok thank you. That does make sense.

So (just to be clear) there is no way of making the switch quicker so i should stop trying to call them? (!)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
yes that is correct just let it take its course
0 Ratings