cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Home essentials question

Hi can I have something clarified (even if people work with BT or forum staff as it driving me up the wall) my other half (long distance relationship) she wants to join BT Home essenstials (I think she's going well wants to go for the £20 a month plan) Will you be device connec limited? She has it completely set in stone if she connects more than 3 devices i.e. she will connect a laptop/phone/smart tv then if she tries to connect anything else other than that it won't let her. Can someone clarify and what if she wanted to pay by other means it's only allowing her to setup a direct debit and she don't do direct debits

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home essentials question

Message 3 of 5

She's trying to sign up but it's saying she can only setup a direct debit to proceed? Would best thing for her be to do the initial sign up by DD then cancel?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

BT may insist on direct debit, and I am not sure what would happen if it was cancelled.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/payments--bills-and-charges/how-do-i-pay-my-bill-/how-ca...

You can pay your BT Bill by:

• Direct Debit
  • online supported payments (Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal or debit/credit card)
  • MY BT App (Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal or debit/credit card) though options may vary with software
  • by bank transfer
  • by phone (debit or credit card)
  • at a PayPoint or by cheque

You’ll get charged £7.50 if you don’t pay your bill on time.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

She is supposed to be getting a call from somebody tomorrow apparently so I just hope she's not led to believe (again) there's a connection device limit and i've said to her ask about the direct debit best thing for her might be set it up then cancel pay as she gets bills. She won't have a issue paying but known her long enough she's not a DD person

0 Ratings