cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashley1995
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Home improvement gharge

Morning all, just been charged £129 home improvement service. Engineer visited on 6th Sep because of a fault on my phone, said faults were outside and had to get line changed over to the exchange. Then he found a fault on i think the dpo box by our main entrance to the block. I asked will i incur any charges answer no!. He was then working at my master socket, i asked again will i incur a charge answer no. He was then running a new piece of wire from front door to master socket, i asked is it faulty answer no just a bit of noise on that piece of line, will i be charged answer no. By the way he arrived at 0810 and it was now about 1130. Said he had about 3 faults outside and that's what had taken so long, i asked any faults inside and will i incur any charges answer no!. So why have I been charged, hope you kind folks can give me some advice on how i can deal with this.

Ps. I think he finally finished about 1245

Many thanks

ashley.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home improvement gharge

0 Ratings
ashley1995
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi Kieth, thanks for the reply, I can see what you're saying by that link you sent me but the engineer said it was not a fault just noise on the line and that faults were outside. So I take it this is a scam by BT and the engineer lied. 

Ashley

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
ashley1995
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi Keith, thank you very much for your help and I will wait for the reply.

ashley.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The moderators can look at the Field Technicians report, and see what was done, and whether the charge was justified. You will need to wait a while, but they do take personal ownership.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi Ashley1995,

I can take a look at the engineers notes on the fault report. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ashley1995
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Hi PaddyB, many thanks for the reply and I have sent you my details.

Ashley

0 Ratings