cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcaudwell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Home move going horribly wrong

Hi all, posting in desparation as trying to get account (phone and BB) moved to my new address and seem to be stuck in endless loop of phone calls, fob offs and "someone will ring you back" Briefly(ish) put:-

Call 1 - 1/9/14 Rang to arrange transfer of account on move day (3/9/14) - Told issue with system and to ring in 48 hours

Call 2 - 3/9/14 Rang as requested, order made

Call 3 - Voicemail on phone saying order not gone through  and req ring back

Call 4 - Rang to replace order, told was an issue and something had to be done by another team, asked to ring back in 5 days

Call 4 - Rang back, as message was from Indian call centre rep on 0800 100400 number couldn`t fob me off back to India quick enough, advised to ring back on Monday (for no reason other than perhaps it was Friday afternoon)

Call 5 - Rang through - order "placed" again

Call 6 - Rang the following day to confirm order, failed again, I asked to escalate issue and was told would get call back before 8pm (conveniently when call centre closes)

Call 7 - No call back so rang again, told would go to a manager and would get call back

Call 8 - You guessed it, no call back but in the meantime, to top it all, this morning got a letter from BT (addressed to my new address!) saying someone is trying to take over my old line and if they don`t here from me by tomorrow my contract will be ended and I`ll be sent a final bill (= Call 7.5, rang number on that letter and BTIndia rep asked if I was moving and wanted to transfer my account, then transferred me back to Easy Assist team (an ironic name if ever I heard it)

Staff throughout have been pleasant with only one exception, but left without internet, I`m a GP so need to be on call and mobile signal dodgy in my area, worl on pt notes from home etc etc, kids can`t do college work etc etc. Unfortunately not in a cable area so no option to go elsewhere.

Any suggestions??

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: Home move going horribly wrong

Hi rcaudwell, 

Thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having whilst trying to move your services to your new address. 

Can you send me over your details and I will take this on from here. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
rcaudwell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thankyou - pm sent

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

a PM is the wrong way to contact the mod team you need to use their contact link as shown here  mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
rcaudwell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Sorry, that`s what I`d done, referred to it as "PM" in error.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

ok no problem in that case
0 Ratings
rcaudwell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Quick update,

Had a message left on my phone yesterday afternoon from David at BT, unsure whether was a mod from here or my promised call back but unable to answer call as in sugery all day anyway. He said he`d email me the info - he didn`t.
Rang home move team this morning again, lots of time on hold then told form needed filling in and sending to other dept and would take 5 working days. Lost patience at that point and asked to cancel account altogether to be told i`d be charged as in contract til May 2015. My view was BT were in breach of the contract anyway as unable to provide the contracted service, then remarkably the rep found a way to cancel my old account and set me up with a new one. All done, confirmation email of old cancellation and new account received within 5 mins of call, and set to go live on 22nd. Cautiously optimistic, but shouldn`t have taken 12 phone calls.
If it`s any help to others, apparantly if you move from an infinity area to a non infinity area they will let you cancel your contract FOC, which is what I have done (rep told me they weren`t supposed to tell people that though - why on earth not?)
I would really like to email or write to highlight how good the rep was today, but am reluctant as I suspect he bent a rule or two (in order to provide good CS - I`m even paying less than I would have been)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi rcaudwell,

Thanks for posting. I dropped you an email yesterday but it looks like you've got it sorted anyway. Thanks for letting us know but if you have any further problems let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
rcaudwell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Thankyou David, although I didn't receive that email from you for some reason? Hopefully doesnt matter now anyway.
0 Ratings
rcaudwell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Ok, perhaps spoke too soon. I just despair now, checked my online account just now and new bill generated for period 12/9/14 to 11/10/14 for full monthly amount on my infinity service at my old address which I can't get at my new address, despite having told bt I moved on 3/9/14 and them sending mail to my new address. Going to cancel direct debit so it can't be taken from my account, but don't know how to proceed getting it sorted.
David, are you still able to help?
0 Ratings