Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Willhall1989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Home move headache!

Go to solution
I ordered a home move on the 26th of June for my Infinity 1 and landline service. Then new address was defined as a 'silver' address as it is now two flats from a converted house with no line. As such I would have to order a basic ADSL service and order an upgrade back to Infinity. The earliest appointment I could book was the 17th July.

The Openreach engineer arrived in the timeframe quoted and installed the new mastersocket and said I could leave as him and his colleague could complete the work outside. I was told my services should be active by midnight.

My landline is apparently active but my broadband service has STILL not been activated. I've logged a complaint and apparently they're sorting the activation and I'll hear back by the 31/7!!!!

So over a month to transfer a reduced service and a further wait after that to get Infinity. I'm so disappointed with the service BT have provided and the apparent lack of any pro-active help. Countless call backs promised and none materialised.

What do I have to do to get a run down on what has gone wrong and when I will get the service I pay for?

Thank you
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Home move headache!

Go to solution

Hi @Willhall1989

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the delay connecting your broadband service at your new address.  I appreciate that a month is a long time to wait for your services to be moved over.

Have a word with our >>Order Live Chat Team<< to see if they can provide an update as to what is happening with your order.

Keep me posted how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Willhall1989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
Just spent 30 minutes with the team. They couldn't provide me any additional info and kept saying I'll have to wait for the offline team to contact me on the 31/7.

Why will know one tell me what is actually happening?
1) what caused the delay?
2) When is the engineer booked (if needed?)
3) what compensation I will receive for the loss of service and subsequent temporary downgrade in service
4) how long it will then take for the ADSL service I'm being put on to be upgraded back to Infinity.

I will never be signing up with BT retail again. We had no end of issues getting the service started and now this!
0 Ratings
Willhall1989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
And just like that I've got a text message confirming my broadband and phone services are live! Now to upgrade back to Infinity
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Willhall1989

Thanks for posting back and it's great to see that you've made some progress.

Do keep us posted on here how things go.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Willhall1989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution
My Infinity service is now due to go live on the 15th August 2017. Only 7 weeks and 2 days after I ordered my home move....
0 Ratings
Willhall1989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution
So the standard BT Broadband was supposed to have gone live on the 17th July but delays meant I received a text message confirming it had gone live on the 24th July. The BT a broadband service has not infact been activated. The hub is flashing pink with no connection. I was told I would have BT broadband activated first and then have to order an upgrade back to Infinity, but the BT rep I spoke to confirmed my service isn't activated due to upgrade order back to Infinity which is supposed to go live on the 15th. I'm apparently getting a call from the complaints department on the 13th.

I am completely disappointed with the service BT have provided and I cannot believe the time and effort involved in moving my services. The home move was ordered on the 26th of June and was supposed to go live on the 17th July. My service has not worked since 17th July and to this day (11th August) I don't have my existing service. Am I expected to pay for the service which hasn't been working since 17th?

I cannot believe it
0 Ratings
Willhall1989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

To summarise this catastrophically awful home move:

• 26th June 2017: I phoned BT to move my Infinity 1+Phone service to a new address. The earliest appointment available was the 17th July and the advisor told me I would be temporarily downgraded to ADSL. The advisor said the property was classed as 'silver' with no exisiting phone line, as such and Infinity couldn't be ordered despite being available at the address.
  • 17th July 2017: Several texts confirming the appointment and The Openreach contractor contact details. The engineer arrived during the allocated time slot. A phone line and mastersocket were installed and I was told I could leave the address as the engineer could complete the work outside. I was told my services would be live by midnight. 
  • 18th July: The services did not work and I recieved no communication from BT. I was forced to phone the following day only for the advisor to provide me a very vagure response of 'there's a fault, it will be fixed but I don't know when'. My BT app was not helpful at all and just said 'We're sorry, your order has been delayed. We're sorry there may be a delay with your order. We'll let you know if this affects your service. You can track the progress in the timeline below."
  • 20th July: No communication from BT so I logged a complaint (REF: 170720-*****)
  • 22nd July: No phone call from the complaints department, just a simple text message saying my phone line was active and the broadband activation was in progress, I will be updated on the 31st (!!) of July.
  • 24th July: Recieve a text and email confirming phone and BB had been activated. The services were not working.
  • 31th July: I call to discuss the issues and organise an upgrade back to Infinity, the appointment booked for the 15th August. The advisor confirmed I did not need to be at the address for the appointment. The advisor told me I would need to start a new 18 month contract and the existing offer on my account could not continue and I would be paying £42.99 for Infinity 1. This is the first time someone had mentioned the contract and my existing offer and I was not happy. The advisor was helpful and eventually managed to arrange Infinity 1 for the same price as the standard broadband I was supposed to have temporarily. The advisor had to speak to a manager.
  • 13th August: Second complaint raised: 170814-***** as I believe the original complaint was closed by the advisor on the 31st. 
  • 15th August: No text or correspondence about my upgrade back to Infinity. The @BTCare Twitter team said "[Your callback] will be tomorrow as they need to find out what happened to the appointment this morning". This suggests the appointment has been forgotten/missed?
  1. My patience has worn incredibly thin and I cannot believe this awful service:I have not had working services for 30 days yet I've still been billed.
  2. Lack of any correspondence from BT. Despite two complaints and pro-active communication on my behalf I have not been assigned a single point of contact. I have had to explain the situation everytime I've phoned which has caused long, unnecessary delays on hold.
  3. I've lost count of the amount of callbacks promised which have not materialised.
  4. Conflicting information from customer services via live chat and telephone. I was told the 'temporary' standard ADSL broadband was never going to work according to the advisor on Friday as I was upgrading to Infinity?
  5. Not being told about crucial information on the phone when ordering the home move: new contract, exisiting offers expire.
  6. What appears to be a missed/forgotten appointment on the 15th August.

The @BTcare twitter have been most unhelpful and cannot provide me any contact information for the 'team' in charge of my account as they are offline - MUCH LIKE MY SERVICES. This 'team' were supposed to call me Sunday, which turned into Monday, Tuesday and now I'm due a call tomorrow. I have no confidence this call will materliase.

I have logged complaints with Ofcom refs 00****/*** refer.

What do I need to do to get my original services working and compensation for this dreadful service?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Willhall1989,

I removed your references numbers from your post as this is a public forum. I'm sorry things have gone wrong with your order. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact the Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings