cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jannie2
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Home move order cancelled by BT - conflict with new homeowner's order

I'm moving home and want to take my Halo package with me. Placed an order, was accepted then BT cancelled it without telling me. I only know as I checked the orders on MyBT.  I've spoken to several staff in the Home Move, Value, Order Management and Loyalty Teams and they say my order is conflicted by the order from the new owners of my property, who move in on the day I move out. BT tell me to cancel the new owner's order and apply again. New owner obviously not happy. Done that twice and both my orders accepted and then rejected by BT. Opened a complaint and been told to apply for a third time.  I sent a direct Twitter message to BT to see if I could get a solution- it was the same answer: ' The previous orders were cancelled in error due to the conflicting takeover order. the new home owners need to wait until your services have been stopped at your old address, then they will be able to place the order for their own service.'  There must be a solution to stop this cycle.  I need Internet and 4 G mini-hub for homeworkers at new home.  Also when BT accept the orders from the new owner I get emails telling me I'm breaking my contract and will owe money. Home moves happen all the time. What is the solution? Any advice appreciated

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home move order cancelled by BT - conflict with new homeowner's order

Hi @jannie2 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see the issues you've had with your home move order.  It sounds like the people moving into your current home are trying to take over the line before you've had the chance to home move your services to your new property.

Is it possible to ask them to choose the date they want their service to start to be the day after you move as that will ensure they're not trying to take over your active service which is causing these issues?

jannie2
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. Tried that but didn't seem to work. The new owners are now getting round the problem as Sky has offered to pay for a new line for them. Also just spoke to BT and found that it had not in fact cancelled the new owner's latest order and this was stopping me from being able to create a new home move request. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Did you not get an email or letter from BT advising you that BT had received a request from someone to take over your line and if you didn't agree to the take over to get in touch?

have you now managed to get BT to cancel the take over of your line to enable you to progress with your home move of your connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jannie2
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

No I did not receive anything like that. I received a text and an email saying 'We're sorry to hear you're thinking of moving your phone line and broadband to another provider' and details of how much I would owe as I would break my contract. I phoned BT and they were supposed to cancel the new owner's order, but I just found out that they did not cancel the latest order although they said they had. I now have a new order for my move on the system. Thanks

0 Ratings