cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Home move order keeps getting stuck and not progressing. ‘TBA: Pending/Partial’ Help!

Hi,

On the 6th Dec I phoned up BT to initiate my home move. I am moving on 7/01/2022. When doing the home move the advisor encountered an issue, I am moving home but staying in the same apartment block. I am moving a few doors down, the issue was I assumed the postcode would be the same. It turns out the last digit is one different to my current postcode. (E.g. ABE instead of ABD’

This issue seemingly fixed it and allowed her to complete the order. I have been attempting to track my order via the BT App but was stuck since 6/12/21 on ‘Pending’. Last night I phoned up and the advisor on phone confirmed the order appeared to be stuck in the system.

He tried to progress it without cancelling my old order but was unable to. He transferred me to somebody more senior who looked into the issue. She was great help (as was everybody I have dealt with so far on this issue but unfortunately keeps happening) and managed to submit my order for my house move. Great, I thought all was well. 

However, this morning when I go to track my order all I can see is ‘Pending’ and at the the end of the timeline it says ‘TBA: Pending/Partial’. This is leading me to believe my order is going to be stuck again. I would greatly like some help on this as I am WFH so it’s imperative I have a working connection on the move date. Please can somebody help me address this issue! Thank you.

Notes of interest:

I live in a large apartment block where all apartments are replicas of each other. Therefore all infrastructure should be the same. I am moving a few doors down within the same building.

As far as I’m aware there are tenants currently residing in the property or close to moving out. The last senior advisor I spoke to told me my new address was displaying an ‘open port’ for me to take over if I remember correctly.

Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home move order keeps getting stuck and not progressing. ‘TBA: Pending/Partial’ Help!

if there are existing tenants in the new apartment who are moving out and taking their broadband and phone number to their new place then your order will fail until the existing tenants release the line

you can try working line takeover but it requires existing tenants to agree when notified by their ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Home move order keeps getting stuck and not progressing. ‘TBA: Pending/Partial’ Help!

Yeah but if last night the senior advisor said it looked like there was an ‘open port’ wouldn’t that mean the order should have progressed along?

I have time on my side so happy to give it a few days till I contact again to resolve said issue. Does seem suspicious, would said issue you presented cause my order to be stuck on pending?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

if the phone line is still in use by existing tenants then your order will fail until the existing tenants release the line probably after they have moved to new accommodation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks.

in the last half hour my order said my home move pack was awaiting dispatch, and literally in the last few minutes it had completely vanished off of my BT app where I track order. No sign of it anywhere. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

UPDATE.

After some movement on my BT Track My Order page on the app it has come up with the folllwing information.

My internet order or overall order still says ‘pending/partial we cannot confirm the completion date of your order.’

Further to this, and even more annoyingly. My order now says that my TV and Internet activation date is the 17th January. This is a whole 10 days later than when I move in. How is this possible? Surely it should be a simple switch on my move in date as all of the flats are the same, find it very frustrating as I require a fast and stable internet connection to work from home, and after contacting BT with plenty of notice I’m now going to be waiting an additional 10 days for my internet AND tv package to go live, even when there is a a lot of time before I even move anyway.

Anyone from BT who can explain or look into this or anyone who has advice on it would be really appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who can help with some issues.

Bear in mind that its Openreach that do the work, not BT Retail, and Openreach are very busy this time of the year. Openreach deal with most other providers, and BT Retail do not get any priority.

Its not likely to be just a simple switch over, it may involve swapping over to a different splitter outlet.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Orangeeel, welcome to the forum, and sorry your order is not progressing.

Are you moving a Full Fibre connection? If so it would be best to call in and speak with them about the order. 

If it's not a Full Fibre connection let us know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings