Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Home move set up in 2 months!

HI all,

i will move home at the end of this month but the engineer visit is set for the 17th May. I work from home so how can i can use broad band in the meantime in my new address?

thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home move set up in 2 months!

@Caher 

You could ask BT to send you a 4G mobile hub, provided there is 4G mobile coverage in your new house.

Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

thanks for answering - I think the home hub is for halo packages and to get that I'd have to start a whole new 2 year contract. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@Caher wrote:

thanks for answering - I think the home hub is for halo packages and to get that I'd have to start a whole new 2 year contract. 

If your activation is delayed, then people have been loaned a 4G hub to give them service, so its worth asking about it. The BT Home Move team should be able to help with this.

Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

home move - is it really that difficult

Hi all,
Can you a home be really that difficult?
22nd Feb – went online to trigger home move.
24th checked online and somehow I had been moved from Fibre 2 to another package that requires both a new contract and my garden dug up in my new place.
7th March contacted by open reach to say they will meet me Friday to remove my flags stones.
9th I discover that this was not necessary so now have to wait 2 days for order to be fully cancelled so I can call again and re-instigate the home move.

0 Ratings