cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

Home move

Ordered a home move on the 9th March for switch on the 30th Mitch.
Moved home plugged in phones / new home hub / by vision box for none to work.
I've now called by on 10 occasions, hung up on five times when questions got to much for the call handler. On hold for over 4 hours in total. Finally yesterday spoke to someone who advised the postcode had been wrong when ordering and that was the hold up. I've since checked a confirmation email on the 9th and postcode was correct, (upset we've been lied to).
Was promised a phone line and broadband by midnight last night. Woke up this am and still nothing. My Buisness relies on broadband and university course work. Due this week.
Please help or at least give me a number for a uk call centre or local help centre.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Home move

Also, I find it really frustrating bt managed to cut fibre very quickly from my old property and advise the new occupier he can't have fibre in the house. He's very angry too as that's one reason he bought the property!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

@chellesangel wrote:

g. My Buisness relies on broadband and university course work. Due this week.
Please help or at least give me a number for a uk call centre or local help centre.

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

@chellesangel wrote:
Also, I find it really frustrating bt managed to cut fibre very quickly from my old property and advise the new occupier he can't have fibre in the house. He's very angry too as that's one reason he bought the property!

Once a fibre connection is ceased, it goes to the next person on the waiting list, who could be a customer of any ISP.

Usually cabinets are already full, so there is a long waiting list.

You may also be on a waiting list.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I'm a personal user, who uses a laptop and wifi to read / reply to emails
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I was told I would be connected to fibre on the 30tb. If this was not the case, BT lied again. Honesty is the best policy. If I had to be put on s waiting list I would have accepted that initially. Not now, 3 days after service should have been provided!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thank you Keith, seems bt are very difficult to get hold of, you don't have a uk contact number for them ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

@chellesangel wrote:
Thank you Keith, seems bt are very difficult to get hold of, you don't have a uk contact number for them ?

I have asked a forum moderator to assist, they may give you a link to the UK orders team, but I am not sure they work at weekends.

Its possible that at the time you placed your order, and it was passed to Openreach, any spare capacity was used up.

Have you tries looking here?

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form. It may tell you the capacity of the cabinet.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

States available as an address but when the specific number is checked it states it can't give details and the lines not set up yet. I'll just have to wait it seems!
0 Ratings