Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diesel_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Horrible service, is this usual?

Go to solution
Hi,

I am a new BT customer (first time with BT) and am worried about how poor my experience has been and wondered how others have felt about BT.

I was with SKY, decided to use BT as they offered a better package. Jan 16th was my install date for telephone and broadband. I have a second line in my property so bad BT install broadband there so I'd have almost a month of SKY and BT. Broadband was working but no telephone services after a few days BT cut my broadband and cancel my order. New order placed have to wait another two weeks but this is fine I had SKY for under a month so I should be good. Two weeks later still no broadband or telephone. I am still waiting for broadband I have now had my SKY Service cut off so have no internet. I got my first bill today 🙂 great business model don't provide a service but still bill your customer. I wish I could leave but I have been told I had 14 days after placing my order to leave...
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Diesel_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: Horrible service, is this usual?

Go to solution
On top of that customer services have been appalling at times. I was told I had never had BT provisioned broadband and the only reason my BT hub provided broadband services was because it was plugged into my SKY socket and working off SKY's broadband. I also had an agent attempt book an engineer out to fix my issue only to find he hadn't done so, I only knew because I took a half day off work and called BT because no one turned up. I was told a system error occurred. I had a voicemail message a day earlier guaranteeing that it will be fixed by the 13th of Feb (how can you guarantee a repair with out identifying the problem?). Inconsistent messages and service from BT. I hope this is unusual, 24 days and counting since BT said broadband will be provided in my property. 34 days since I placed the order 😞
0 Ratings
Diesel_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Re: Continually apalling service from the awful call center

Go to solution
Is escalating issues that BT fail resolve to ofcom an option? I wish I had read this before deciding on BT they are so bad they have billed me for my first months "usage" of telephone and broadband without even providing me telephone and broadband. How can a company charge you for not providing the service?
0 Ratings
Diesel_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Re: order problems letter to ceo

Go to solution
Reading a number of threads leads me to believe BT have maybe become complacent or just simply incompetent particularly with the "small change" residential services, although saying that on a professional level I have found BT/Openreach to be less than good.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Diesel_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Thank you, I would love to be in a position whereby I have a good opinion of BT. Right now my opinion is so low it can only improve I guess.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

The moderators start at about 8 am, so sometime this morning you should get an offer of assistance.

You will need to view the forum in the full version, not the mobile version, to see the invite link.

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until all issues are resolved.

0 Ratings
Diesel_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks, I will also ask why on my bill I am being told a direct debit for line rental will be taken from my bank even though I paid line rental in advance.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Good morning @Diesel_,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had. We will take a look into everything for you and try get it all working as soon as we can or else discuss what other options are available to you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. We'll get back in touch with you as soon as we can over the next couple of working days.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Diesel_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Ok, thanks. Just had openreach fix this today. BT actually requested the install take place on the wrong line killing my SKY broadband. So in actual fact not only did BT not provide broadband and telephony on the correct line they cut off a service I had paid for at SKY. This caused me to use my phone as a hotspot at my expense this is actually quite shambolic. The word "cowboys" spring to mind.

I must say the last BT rep I spoke to last was awesome, he took ownership of the case reassured me he will keep track of its progress and everything turned out well in the end. He is an example of what I'd expect.
0 Ratings