Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SpongePower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

House Move Issues

Go to solution

So to cut a long story short I moved into a new Flat with my brother and we transferred his old infinity 2 package to the new place and got an engineer appointment to get it set up. The engineer shows up and replaces the old socket and does his usual work but then apparently they need to locate some box which is between us and the cabinet. The box which they need to find is in this long grassy field and they didn't manage to find it

So they left after 5PM and that was it. Faceplate isn't on the phone socket and the broadband hasn't been activated. We tried plugging the phone into the test socket but absolutely no dial tone. So now we don't know what to do. We are sat now without broadband not knowing whether or not anyone else is going to show up next week or any point in the future. The order stages show as all green ticks even beside broadband activation on the open orders sections on My BT but the broadband isn't actually activated. My brother got an email saying that we had been give £25 off our next bill but now we have no idea what is going to happen and haven't heard anything else from openreach or BT. No emails or calls.

What should we do to get this resolved because we can't live off of mobile data. Any help would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: House Move Issues

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Jimmy3
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

There is an automatic compensation scheme that started in 1st April 2019,I believe there is an £8 per day for each day without internet and £25 for each missed appointments,it wis worth finding the exact info because now it costs bt money when they are incompetent

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @SpongePower,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry you've been left without a Broadband connection. If you send me in your details I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your order.

I've sent you an private message with details on how you can contact the mod team and we'll get this investigated.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
SpongePower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you all for the quick responses and I have now contacted the forum moderation team. 🙂

0 Ratings
SpongePower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

We have had 2 engineer visits this week one on monday and one on tuesday and the line is now connected but the broadband (fibre) side of things is not connected and I was told I may need to get in contact with bt in order to do that so I was wondering if I could get a hand with that on the forum

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @SpongePower . 

Was the engineer tasked to only connect the line? I'll try and find out what's happening with this and will get back to you as soon as I have anything.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
SpongePower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Yeah I believe so. So the phone is up and running all fine but the smart hub is just flashing purple. The engineer said the fibre still wasn't plugged in down at the cabinet and we have no idea if any engineer is coming back tomorrow to connect it because we didn't hear anything and my brother got an email saying that the broadband and phone where both online today but the engineer did state the fibre wasn't connected down at the cabinet today.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Morning @SpongePower  and thanks for getting back.

We have you details but are a little busy at present. Don't worry, we'll get to you shortly.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
SpongePower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you for the reply 🙂 The way the engineer made it sound yesterday was that all we need is another engineer visit and just have him plug in some cables at the cabinet and that will be us all up and running. Really hope it turns out that simple 🙂

0 Ratings