cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

House move 5 week until connected

Go to solution

I now have a moving date and rang BT to inform them but before doing so I used the House Move option on the app. I then get presented with my available packages. Strangely full fibre 900 wasn't one of them. So rang up to query this but BT doesn't know why there's no option for 900. Anyway, there is an option for 500 and I'm okay with that.

The annoying thing is that the cost is about £9 per month more if I order via phone than it would be if I used the app. So what I’ve been offered is different package (100) at my current price and I've been told I will receive a call on day of installation when I'll be bumped up to 500 at no extra cost. Fine by me.

However, the most annoying thing is the installation will take five weeks from my move date - which is nothing near what the BT website says. I queried this but wasn't convinced by the response about an engineer not being in the vicinity until then. What, do they wait until they have half a dozen jobs for a postcode and then spring into action?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: House move 5 week until connected

Go to solution

It will lieraly be the first available date, they will be busy with other work as well first

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: House move 5 week until connected

Go to solution

Fair enough but the BT website ought to give a more realistic time frame instead of stating two weeks is normally sufficient to have you connected. Still, it's BT we are talking about so I guess expectations ought to be adjusted accordingly. 

0 Ratings