cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dino-susa
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

House move and issue with broadband!

I have sold my house and moving into a rental property. I spoke with BT and said yep no problem I could take my package across but would need a new number because it is a different exchange even though only a mile away. Not a problem. But now they say that they have tried to activate the line twice and failed and that they will be trying again on the 18th May. I told them on the 13th May and I’m moving on the 23rd! I also work from home and so need access!!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: House move and issue with broadband!

Its possible that Openreach have a routing issue.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Dino-susa
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Yes apparently it seems to be an Open Reach issue. However, someone was living and working from the property prior to us. He had broadband!

BT keep trying to activate the line and it fails. On the 18th May they said they going to try again?!!

thanks for your reply.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@Dino-susa wrote:

Yes apparently it seems to be an Open Reach issue. However, someone was living and working from the property prior to us. He had broadband!

BT keep trying to activate the line and it fails. On the 18th May they said they going to try again?!!

thanks for your reply.

Its possible that there may be an outstanding cease order on the line, from the last person living there, that would stop activation. Lets see what a moderator can find out.

0 Ratings
Dino-susa
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Dino-susa welcome to the forum and thanks for posting about your home move. Sorry to hear that your order had to be cancelled and needs re-issued. The orders team I'm sure will issue the new order tomorrow as agreed. Drop us over your details and we'll be happy to check that the order replacement is successful. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Dino-susa
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

It is the third attempt so am slightly concerned at this point!

Thanks for your contact details I will be in touch as REALLY need to get this sorted ASAP!

0 Ratings