cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ringo02
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

House move connection of BB

I moved home and was told by BT that my connection date was 27 Sept......still no BB .....contacted tech helpline who said could be another 48-72 hours before connection. Is this right...I am a newish customer to BT but had no problems when I signed up as new customer. I'm a bit sceptical thinking I am being fobbed off .......also never advised what my new phone number is etc.....I am being over pessimistic ???
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: House move connection of BB

Broadband activation can be delayed slightly, as the phone line has to be in place and working, for the Openreach Frame Technician to complete the provisioning tests.

As its the weekend, this may be done tomorrow or Tuesday.

0 Ratings
Ringo02
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks but was told ages ago that there is a live and active line at the new address so I would of expected no issues and for BT to achieve their 27th activation date.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The line at the address was probably an old "stopped" line, which would not have the correct phone number assigned to it.

The changeover to your preferred number can take 24 hours, this is done automatically, which is probably why the number may wrong at the moment. You can dial 1470 17070, and it will tell you your number.

This can also delay broadband completion.

All you can do is to connect the home hub to your phone line as described, and wait for the broadband to synch up.

What sort of master phone socket do you have fitted, does it have one, or two connections on the front?

0 Ratings
Ringo02
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Single socket one connection on front ..... phoned the number you suggest and told number which is what I had found out earlier so I think that it's BT not connecting the broadband.
0 Ratings